Author Topic: Laid it down today  (Read 2018 times)

Offline BanditGirl33

• Board Homesteader!
Laid it down today
« on: September 01, 2005, 03:55:09 PM »
:crybaby:  I layed my bike down today for the first time in my life, because this stupid rich lady didn't know what a hand signal is. I was turning into my work off of a two lane highway, completely stopped with blinker goin, and my hand stuck out for all to see. Well here comes a sheriff passing by so i nodded my head and look back in my mirror getting ready to turn, and I see a big white lexus screeching down the road headed right for me. Not having the time to move, i jumped out of the way leaving my poor bandit in helpless danger.She missed it by inches and ran off in the ditch, ha ha new lexus! She jumped out yelling at me, and thank God the sheriff saw the whole thing, he came back and scream at her "Hey lady who the hell gave you a license do you not know what a hand signal is? And she said no. Then he said you better get out here before i get mad. She took off and he helped me pick my baby up and asked if I was ok. I think he may have been flirting just a little bit. But anyway we laughed for a minute and talked about how snooty rich people have no respect for riders and how there should be a stricter law against drivers paying attention to bike riders. But to make a long story short. We picked it up, not a SINGLE scratch on it, THank God for crash pegs. i'm good and hopefully she learned a vaulable lesson. :bigok:

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
Laid it down today
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 04:07:35 PM »
Oh, man, that was close.  And no rash on you or the bike?  Now that's what I call lucky.  I think that is my biggest fear...the idiot from behind!  I can watch the sides and up front, but the rear is way harder to keep up with and judge what people are doing.

:congrats:  on the save! :banana:  :grin: