Author Topic: B4 starting issues!  (Read 2754 times)

Offline regal21guy

• Board Homesteader!
B4 starting issues!
« on: April 27, 2010, 12:06:43 PM »
I have a 91 bandit 400 that I am having a couple of problems that maybe someone can help me with.The problem I have is when the bike is dead cold it takes about 2 minutes of cranking over to fire up. Once the bike starts and warms up it runs like a champ and as long as the bike is somewhat warm it will fire up again no problem. Now if I let the bike sit over night it will do the same exact thing (crank for a minute or two before it starts up). I've pulled the carbs and they are all clean, the vaccume lines appear to be fine, tested the fuel valve and it flows fine, plugs are clean and and gets spark. I am leaning more towards something being wrong with the vaccume lines because I know these bikes have problems with them. The bike only has 5,xxx miles on her so I don't think the valves are out of spec. Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you all!

Offline saint_furious

• Board Regular!
Re: B4 starting issues!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 05:06:12 AM »
I have a 91 bandit 400 that I am having a couple of problems that maybe someone can help me with.The problem I have is when the bike is dead cold it takes about 2 minutes of cranking over to fire up. Once the bike starts and warms up it runs like a champ and as long as the bike is somewhat warm it will fire up again no problem. Now if I let the bike sit over night it will do the same exact thing (crank for a minute or two before it starts up). I've pulled the carbs and they are all clean, the vaccume lines appear to be fine, tested the fuel valve and it flows fine, plugs are clean and and gets spark. I am leaning more towards something being wrong with the vaccume lines because I know these bikes have problems with them. The bike only has 5,xxx miles on her so I don't think the valves are out of spec. Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you all!

did you try using the choke?

CLUB BANDIT PHILIPPINES

Offline Levi

• Board Regular!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 02:24:58 PM »
Maybe the choke seals are acting up. I would think you would also notice it when the bike is warm too so maybe not. It also sounds like from your thread you didnt use the choke???

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 03:42:08 PM »
Check for a broken or dislodged brass choke circuit tube on the right side of the carb bank.  That thing sticks out and is very fragile.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7