Author Topic: Not Starting!  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Cyanide

• TURBO TYPER!
Not Starting!
« on: August 23, 2007, 05:28:28 PM »
I tried to start my Bandit up last night ('91 UK spec 400) and she wouldnt start.

The ignition comes on fine, lights etc come on, but when I press the starter button I get a click from the solenoid thingy behind the battery and thats it. No cranking, no spark, just a click.

I havent got a clue what could be up, I've checked all the fuses, charged the battery and double checked the kill switch is set to run.

Can anyone suggest the next thing to try?

Cheers

Danny

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Not Starting!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
power to the solenoid right obviously it clicked , jump with a screw driver if it starts replace the solenoid or try taping it may be stuck
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Nitro

• Board Homesteader!
Not Starting!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 07:16:59 PM »
Or if you can disassemble the solenoid and clean the contact surface, that may also solve the problem. With the battery disconnected, of course.
97 Bandit 1200S

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Not Starting!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 12:33:47 AM »
If it's a single click and what jay says fails. Pull the starter, clamp it in a vice and apply 12v... if it doesnt spin, then you either need to clean the guts of the starter out or buy a replacement.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.