Author Topic: Perfect jetting on the first try.....a beautiful thing!  (Read 2097 times)

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
Perfect jetting on the first try.....a beautiful thing!
« on: August 23, 2007, 11:16:26 PM »
With my schedule change at work,I have an odd,mid-week day off.So I decided to finally tackle the jetting issue with the B4.Luckily for me,Factory Pro is only a 45 minute ride away,so I made the trek down the Marin and picked up a Version 1.0 jet kit for the Bandit......140 bucks well spent.

Lucky me,2 of the 3 sample setups in the booklet were from San Francisco,so the settings were basically the same.I split the difference between the 2 idle mix sample setups since one was bone stock and the other pretty modified.....I guess I qualify as mildly modified because it came out just right.
She now pulls hard and clean from any RPM,all the way to redline,straight to the limiter(which cuts in around 14.5K).I used to have a bad,BAD stumble around 8-10,then it would pull well to about 12....redline was impossible.I figured it would be off since I had stock jetting,shimmed needles,and about 4.5 turns out on the screws.But thats how it came to me and I never got around to messing with it till now,except for a sync job.
Its like a totally different bike,so much fun its scary.I hit the local curvy canyon road and flogged her around the corners at 10-11K RPM's with no problems,just a screaming wail out of the tailpipe.The fun factor of this bike over my FZR1000 just multiplied tenfold.Heres the specs in case anyone is similarly equipped.......

Factory Pro 1.0 jet kit.
97.5 mains
3rd clip on the needle
2.5 turns on the screw...clean 1600rpm idle with a nice lope
15MM float height.....it was 11MM.I guess the P/O tried to richen things up along with the 4+ screw turns
Re-checked the sync,dead on

The bike.
Yosh 4-2-1 headpipes
Hindle Stealth slip-on with high exit pipe
K&N,stock airbox.....perforated around the inlet snorkle
Hot thermostat
Iridium plugs and Accel wires
Sea level,average humidity and temperature
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 05:14:59 PM »
:congrats:  :motorsmile:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 02:03:17 AM »
Wanna come work on my Kawi???   :congrats:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7