Author Topic: How to adjust the pre load rear shockabsorber  (Read 6233 times)

Offline bluenote

• Board Regular!
How to adjust the pre load rear shockabsorber
« on: December 24, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »
Hi I'm Victor from Indonesia.Just bought the bike last month.
Sorry if this has been posted somewehere, I just couldn't find it anywhere in the forum topic.
My 93 Bandit400 seems to have the rear shock set too soft. I read the service manual, & it doesn't explain in detail how to adjust it. IT just stated that out of 7 position, no.1 is the softest & no7 is the stiffest.
Anyone know how to do this?
 :thanks:

Victor

Offline bluenote

• Board Regular!
Re: How to adjust the pre load rear shockabsorber
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 08:19:35 PM »
damn..just found out that the shock is set to no.7 (the stiffest)...
Well, what should I do?
The rear seems to be too low when I have my wife ride with me. I heard that a dog bone(?) can solve this problem? Where can I buy this?
Thanks before.

Victor

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 12:19:24 AM »
I replaced mine with a gsxr 750 shock.

http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=12596.0
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline bluenote

• Board Regular!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 06:51:37 PM »
Thanks for the info, I found on in the owner manual downloaded in this site explaining how to do it.
Thanks.

Offline canyonbreeze

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »
I have been unable to download the owners manual from here, just hangs.  I do have the service manual though.  Can someone post how to adjust this?

I'm getting a ~97 GSXR 750 shock cheap and may try to squeeze that in later.

Offline bluenote

• Board Regular!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 09:18:08 PM »
Thanks interfuse for the info. But here in my country we don't have many bike above 250cc. They are categorized as big bike & very expensive. So the spare part (GSX750R) also hard to find. I am thinking about making some kind of bracket to raise the seat height a little bit. Anyone has the info on the drawing / design of this? Thanks before.

Canyonbreeze, just go to the download link (next to home) above & click the link "400cc GSF400 GK75B 1991 - 1993" below the File Repository.
It works with me.

Offline canyonbreeze

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
"Canyonbreeze, just go to the download link (next to home) above & click the link "400cc GSF400 GK75B 1991 - 1993" below the File Repository.
It works with me."

That is the parts diagrams and lists, not the owners manual.  Clicking on "GSF 400 Owner's Manual" just hangs forever.

Offline bluenote

• Board Regular!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »
"Canyonbreeze, just go to the download link (next to home) above & click the link "400cc GSF400 GK75B 1991 - 1993" below the File Repository.
It works with me."

That is the parts diagrams and lists, not the owners manual.  Clicking on "GSF 400 Owner's Manual" just hangs forever.

Hmm that link also works with me. the file size is 90mb. Let me see if I can upload the file to other site and you can download it.

Offline bluenote

• Board Regular!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 02:53:36 AM »
It works with me."

That is the parts diagrams and lists, not the owners manual.  Clicking on "GSF 400 Owner's Manual" just hangs forever.

Hmm that link also works with me. the file size is 90mb. Let me see if I can upload the file to other site and you can download it.
Canyonbreeze,

I've uploaded the owner manual to this link:
http://www.4shared.com/document/xF1jRk-J/GSF400_OwnersManual.html

Try download it.

When I open the site, it is in my languange. I don't know what it will look like in your monitor. When you open the site, just click blue link that says "Unduh Sekarang". It means Download now in english. After that, just wait for about 100 second (the counter will appear) & the download link will appear (Says " Unduh File Sekarang" above the counter) to click.
Good luck. :motorsmile:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:55:41 AM by bluenote »

Offline canyonbreeze

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »
Thank you!  This worked well.  The site came up in English.  I speak English, Spanish and a little of some others.  There is another good Bandit 400 site in Spanish at Bandit400.com.

Offline bluenote

• Board Regular!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 10:22:06 PM »
Thank you!  This worked well.  The site came up in English.  I speak English, Spanish and a little of some others.  There is another good Bandit 400 site in Spanish at Bandit400.com.

You're welcome. I opened the site u gave me & didn't understand the languange. But thanks anyway. Looked like there is many good information inside. Oke now, where can I find a tranlator...? :grin:

Offline canyonbreeze

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 11:22:49 AM »
You may be able to open the site with google translator to your language.  Thanks again.