Author Topic: Help with carb tuning?  (Read 2325 times)

Offline JackBlack

• TURBO TYPER!
Help with carb tuning?
« on: June 19, 2006, 07:33:57 AM »
This might be a lot to ask but is there anyone out there who has pics and stuff on how to tune the carbs to run richer or leaner? If anyone could post a little how to and make it a sticky, I'm sure it would help loads of people who've never done it before.

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
Help with carb tuning?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 08:49:20 AM »
this is a great idea and would assist us less mechanicly minded folks

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Help with carb tuning?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 11:11:25 AM »
Carb tuning, while not brain surgery... is tedious, time consuming and IMO, not something you can just read about and then do.  Each bike is a little different.  Each circumstance is somewhat unique.  I am NOT a master mechanic.  In fact, I've learned most of what I know in the nearly 3 years I've had my Bandit.  In that time....  without exageration... had my carbs off the intakes at least 70 times - much frustration and some very inventive language!  My suggestion is find someone you trust locally that you can bribe with a few beers to come over and SHOW you some things.  That would be so much more useful than reading anything I've ever seen.  

Having said that, I don't think anyone here could write-up a summary better than what's already been done by Marc at Factory Pro:

http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtun.html
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Help with carb tuning?
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 11:33:12 AM »
Rob, you could start giving lessons with you ninja-like skillz or bo-staff skillz or  nunchuck skillz...

-Randy

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Help with carb tuning?
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 12:09:05 PM »
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.