Author Topic: Bandit sold  (Read 9415 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Bandit sold
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 08:41:10 PM »
:welcome: back... we've been waiting for your return.  :wink:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 10:30:06 PM »
:beers:

Now what are you going to do to "fix" her up? Oh, and BTW,

:worthless:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 10:47:49 PM »
What the hell took you so long???   :stickpoke:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 10:54:35 PM »
Quote from: "jcmjrt"
:beers:

Now what are you going to do to "fix" her up? Oh, and BTW,

:worthless:

First of all the general servicing, because its very difficult to shift gear, the previous owner tell me the bike has not been service for a long time.

After that the rear shock needs to be look into, because it squeak when the bike compress, sounds like an overloaded truck. The shock I think have been change to CBR400, the tail is slightly higher and the exhaust is modified higher to fit the higher tail board.

The front brake disc need to be change too, because its too thin, not sure if the gixxer600/750/1000 will fit. Brake pads and fluid need to be change as well.

The pics will be up soon.  :bigok:
B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2005, 10:55:49 PM »
Bandit 1200 and I believe RF 900 discs fit.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 10:56:20 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
:welcome: back... we've been waiting for your return.  :wink:

Thanks dude.
B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2005, 10:59:19 PM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
What the hell took you so long???   :stickpoke:

I was lost, couldn;t find the website :duh:  ya I know its lame  :grin:

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 11:00:50 PM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
Bandit 1200 and I believe RF 900 discs fit.

okie noted, will included this 2 models when searching in ebay.

Offline billybandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2005, 07:27:17 AM »
Sorry I honestly thought that was a horrible joke at first. Going from a motorcycle to a scooter? Hmm I think you will sorely miss the Bandit within about 10 minutes. Why do people think that gears are a problem? I work in the middle of Leicester so it's always busy traffic, and my Bandit 250 requires a lot of gear changing, it NEVER bothers me. Each to his own and all that though, so fair play

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Bandit sold
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2005, 01:54:27 PM »
so you bought a gk 76 model congrates mate! :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2005, 03:54:24 AM »
Quote from: "billybandit"
Sorry I honestly thought that was a horrible joke at first. Going from a motorcycle to a scooter? Hmm I think you will sorely miss the Bandit within about 10 minutes. Why do people think that gears are a problem? I work in the middle of Leicester so it's always busy traffic, and my Bandit 250 requires a lot of gear changing, it NEVER bothers me. Each to his own and all that though, so fair play

The maxi scooter attract me is because I like the convenience of having more storage space on my bike to keep my full face helmets and rain coat so I dont have to carry around.

However after test riding one, I feel I'm not used to riding scoot because I'm too used to 4 stroke bike, and the habit of closing and opening the throttle rapidly make the scooter jerks.

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 03:59:32 AM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
so you bought a gk 76 model congrates mate! :beers:

thanks dude, its a 1993 gsxr400rp. Unlike gsxr400msp it does not have a remote reservoir above the end can

I read your old post at 400greybikes.co.uk

"First off this is simple as pie ,secondly taking your cams out and putting them back in will not chanmge the clearance!! Luckily you do not need to do this tho on your model you have to push your rocker arm to one side as to acces the shim! You must be on top dead center for that cylinder! If pulling your cams out changed the clearances all the guys with new bikes that have shim under bucket would be screwed !! cheers hope that helped "

Do you know the valve clearance spec for gsxr400rp?? And you mention push the rocker arm to one side, how do you do that?? Do I need a special  tool for it?? I'm planning to replace the leaking valve cover gasket, so might as well check the valve clearance.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Bandit sold
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2005, 09:08:38 AM »
Quote from: "Bandit"

Do you know the valve clearance spec for gsxr400rp?? And you mention push the rocker arm to one side, how do you do that?? Do I need a special  tool for it?? I'm planning to replace the leaking valve cover gasket, so might as well check the valve clearance.

No i dont know the clearance specs , on the grey bike board page Stripes he will be able to help ya ! I would assume that they are the same as the bandit but could be badly wrong on that one so dont take my word for it! When you are off the lobe on the cam you should be able to push the rocker arm over with your finger push it to the side that the rocker arm spring is on!  :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 04:26:01 PM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
Quote from: "Bandit"

No i dont know the clearance specs , on the grey bike board page Stripes he will be able to help ya ! I would assume that they are the same as the bandit but could be badly wrong on that one so dont take my word for it! When you are off the lobe on the cam you should be able to push the rocker arm over with your finger push it to the side that the rocker arm spring is on!  :beers:

Thanks, I manage to find the gsxr400 valve clearance spec, hopefully it will be useful to you as well.

http://www.gsxr400.com/listfiles/default.asp

Intake 0.13-0.23mm (0.005-0.009 inch)
Exhaust 0.20-0.30mm

You can get the G4 electrical drawing and parts book from the website, but the service manual is actaully B4, since both bike are quite similar.

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit sold
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 01:51:49 PM »

Here is the picture of my new toy gsxr400rp (GK76A), the paintwork is abit old but the bikes runs great.