Author Topic: I got my B4!  (Read 2102 times)

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
I got my B4!
« on: August 19, 2006, 08:41:41 PM »
Howdy. I owned a '91 B4 in the mid '90's and loved it to death, but had to sell it for a move out West. I've regretted it every day. Well, just this morning me wife drove my out to pick up my new '93 B4. It's beautiful. Almost completely stock except a Yosh 4-2-1, no-rise bars and the fender/license holder crap has been trimmed up nice and neat. Holy Crap she's just like I remembered. I had to suffer 170 mile super-slab trip home, but definitely worth a sore butt.

She needs a carb-synch bad, and a valve adjust. Then I'll be able to tell if she needs a little jetting work (prev. owner says she's bone stock in the carbs, so I'm guessing that a little shimming, at least, is in order).  

She's red/red and in great shape for 16k miles. I'm so stoked. Just had to brag. thanks

A

Offline Coopz

• Board Homesteader!
I got my B4!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 10:03:03 PM »
Nice one!  :banana:

Now, as you are technically a "born again biker", I have to warn you that these modern bikes are a lot more powerful than the ones back in your day! lol. Even though the bike is from back in your day... And you used to own the same type of bike.... And it is a 400cc, as opposed to a 1000cc superbike...

But saying that, it's a nippy little bugger! Such a fun bike, I bet you're delightd to be back on it! Glad to hear you are returning to the trusty ol' Bandito!
 :beers:
Coopz
-Silencing Lambs Since October 31st 2006

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
I got my B4!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 02:20:17 AM »
Glad your back. I'd hate to sell my baby. :lol:
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
I got my B4!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 05:36:16 PM »
these modern bikes are a lot more powerful than the ones back in your day! lol.

whoa, how old do you think I am? sheesh. 36 isn't that bad... I'll tell you, I had my '91 B4 for probably 5 years, sold it in '99 (that's 1999, not 1899...). When I got on this thing yesterday, it was like no time had passed at all. looked, felt and rode just like I had got off it the day before.

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
I got my B4!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 05:38:53 PM »
no force on this planet could get me to part from my b4, tho i am looking for another bike thats more pillion friendly, something chopper like lol iwth a bigger engine lol