Author Topic: NEWBIE NEEDS ADVICE  (Read 2502 times)

Offline acey

• New user!
NEWBIE NEEDS ADVICE
« on: June 27, 2007, 02:08:07 PM »
Good day, i'm a newbie from the Philippines, Subic Bay Naval Base Area, new to Bandits and motorcycle rides. Fortunately my place(base) has a certified F3 race track so i've been turned on to Gokarts and Car racing and I suppose just a matter of time for me to discover the thrill of bikerides..

My place also has an abundant stock of imported vehicles from cars to bike. To cut the story short, I fell inlove with this particular model because of its looks. Mine is a straight up grey import and so you call it, it's quite bagged up as you can see in the picture needing a few repairs here and there.

My question is what model do I have here? i'm sure its a 250 but what kind a GSF250 or a GSF250V and since i'm having it registered. Based on the looks What Year is this model? 97' ? not sure. It has 18,500km on it and engine humms like ...gave me goosebumps..my first ride scared the "SH**T" out of me got it pretty affordable too P60,000 or $1,300 including importation papers and registry.just bought this 2weeks ago.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
NEWBIE NEEDS ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 02:51:20 PM »
I believe the 2nd Gen 250 started in 1995, so it's at least that, if I'm right. The tail decal identifies it as a V model, but the valve cover doesn't look red, like V models usually are, but then it doesn't look like it's the same color as the rest of the motor, so maybe it used to be red?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
NEWBIE NEEDS ADVICE
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 03:52:15 PM »
:welcome:

To find out the info for your bike write down the VIN number from the frame and look at this page from the EXCELLENT suzukicycles.org:

http://www.suzukicycles.org/_misc/identification.shtml

Regards,
Steve
1991 B4