Author Topic: my cdi has burnt out  (Read 2441 times)

Offline rsjh-gixer

• New user!
my cdi has burnt out
« on: September 12, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
new  user i have a gsxr 250 rrsp 89 alloy frame and the cdi box has failed so i opened it up and two bits have burnt out and would like to know how to repair it box no 32900-06C00 if not then to get a replacement or one off another bike eg 400 been told will work thanks for help ralph.

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
Re: my cdi has burnt out
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »
Hi Ralph,
Theres loads of info on repairing a CDI in the 250/400 FAQ section, while its apart it will be a good idea to replace all the capacitors as they go off and when replaced you can gain some BHP.
Chris.

Offline rsjh-gixer

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 05:29:47 AM »
hello everyone i have some news on my cdi that i burnt out i salvaged so bits from an old radio and blindly soldered them in to the board where it was chared went to the bike and plugged it in and tried to start it and beyond belief the bike fired up and ran purfect .but had to disconect the stator and coil windings as the magneto magnets have cracked and dislodged thus giving the bike a nearly sixty volt output causing what happened to the cdi in the first place. lucky i supose there here to test us. ralph

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 12:02:33 PM »
Hi Ralph,
Are you testing everything correctly? as you should have at least 50v AC from the genny which is then rectified to DC and regulated to charge the battery at between 13/15ish volts.

Offline rsjh-gixer

• New user!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 09:43:29 AM »
hi there i checked the dc voltage and i was as suprised as you to see it was between 38v and 55v,all the magnets were broken in two and two parts had dislodged so now i need to know how to get the magneto off so i can get another one .does anyone know were i can get a good second hand one from.been told bandit is same,thanks ralph