Author Topic: So what did everyone get!  (Read 5383 times)

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
So what did everyone get!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 12:59:39 PM »
It was a moto XMAS but mostly for my track bike. I have a small two stroke that I will be racing next season so it needed some serious hopping up - among other things I now have a better carb and pipe. The bandit got some barend mirrors. I'm hoping that the pistons for the 400 arrive soon and then I'll start her complete refurbishment...which will eventually include those barend mirrors.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 09:33:46 PM »
I had a great 6 days off with my little kiddies which is about the best thing I could have asked for.   I didn't get anything for the bike but got a little cash to put toward a track day.  Other than that, got some hunting and fishing stuff, clothes... like that.  I had a great holiday and have NO desire to go back to work tomorrow.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Russtang

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://russruss.com
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 01:26:17 PM »
I got this!  Bought it from board member Azvista455.

More pics at my crappy website

:thanks: John!

Russ

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 03:18:06 PM »
Nice looking bike Russ! :banana:

The header looks unusual, is that the ceramic coating I've heard about, or something else? Also, I like your rim colour. Are they stock Suzuki, or did you have them powder coated to match the frame?
1991 B4

Offline Russtang

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005, 03:55:55 PM »
Thanks, but I just bought the bike less than a couple weeks ago.  John did all the work...so far.  :)

Here's an old pic of what it used to look like.

Since the pic, he painted/installed the rear cowl, replaced the front end with a katana 600, and painted lots of parts.  Not too sure about the wheels though.  I believe he painted the entire exhaust with high-temperature paint.

I got a donor bike's worth of parts in the deal too.  Contemplating another project (track bike) or selling most of the parts.  Don't know which one will take more time.  :)

Now that I look at the pic, I remember the rear wheel from the parts bike is white and the front stock bandit is silver.  I guess that either the front, or both wheels on there have been resprayed.

Russ

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 05:22:17 PM »
Hey Russ, you didn't post any of the pics with the supermodels on your bike...

As for the wheels, I'm pretty sure the US market B4's that came with the silver frames had silver wheels. The bikes with body colored frames had white wheels. Other merkets that got twin disc front ends stock also came with black wheels in certain years.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 01:35:09 PM »
Nice XMAS present! Enjoy yourself.

Offline Russtang

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2005, 02:19:12 PM »
jcmjrt,  Thanks!  I am!

Red01,

Yep, that's my understanding too.  But I have a parts bike with a silver frame, silver front wheel, and white rear wheel.  :?:

I checked it out last night, and it appears my rims on the bike now were sprayed a pewter color to match the frame (which was sprayed pewter).  I'm pretty sure the bike used to be red, which would indicate a red frame and white wheels for 91?   If you check the old pic, you can see the slight difference in color between the pewter frame and silver wheels.  I don't know.  I think it looks pretty good though.

If I posted the pics I have of the supermodels, I would have to get the rights to the photos (probably cost me a fruit rollup or two), compensate them (maybe a ride around the backyard on the mini bike), and deal with their agent (Mommy).  Too much hassle.  :wink:

Russ

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2005, 04:28:53 PM »
FWIW - Red on red '93s also had silver wheels.  '91 &'92s had white.

Nice lookin' ride, Russ!   :banana:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2006, 05:35:24 AM »
Quote from: "Russtang"
But I have a parts bike with a silver frame, silver front wheel, and white rear wheel.  :?:

I just figured the white wheel came from a different bike than the silver frame & wheel...
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)