Author Topic: 1st timer  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Ban_bigman

• Board Regular!
1st timer
« on: July 21, 2005, 11:51:01 PM »
I am a new owner of a 92 bandit and I love riding it. I have a few problems though and would love to get some advice from anyone.  I have a brake light out and i can not get my speedo to light at night.  I would also love to have a new healight mine sucks.  I am about due for a new chain and all also any suggestions anyone has.  Thank

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
1st timer
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 12:09:51 AM »
take the speedo apart and replace the little bulb, take the back seat of reach in there twist remove take the bulb out of the tail light and replace good luck and welcome
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Ban_bigman

• Board Regular!
tried bulb in speedo
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 01:27:49 AM »
I have tried to replace bulb but I can not get them back in place inside speedo.  It does not seem to fit right with the rubber that is on them and I would also like to ask for any sites to find parts or mods at thanks for everything.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
1st timer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 09:11:39 AM »
For the H/L, Silvania Silverstars work great.  I replaced mine with the standard wattage and it makes a huge difference.  Others have gone brighter, too.  

Sites?  There a bunch.  There isn't too much B4-specific stuff out there anymore, though.  For just general parts and accessories, I like the Dennis Kirk catalog.  Their web page is a mess, though.  Being the antisocial guy that I am, I find what I want in their catalog and then order it online so I don't have to talk to anyone.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Ban_bigman

• Board Regular!
New Problems!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 12:22:53 AM »
I got my tail light apart and the bulb was fine it just had that little ground wire broke off so i fixed that but the thing will not light up when i apply brakes just burns all the time now.  I also got my headlight apart and realized that some nut has replaced it with some sealed unit that I can not change bulbs in, any suggestions for a redo of that and anything else I am a thirst for knowledge about my 400 as i am so new to all of this.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
1st timer
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 12:46:58 AM »
try lifting up on the brake spring fitted to the rear brake pedle see if that fixes it !
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol