Author Topic: Need Help! Bandit died on me and wont restart...  (Read 2646 times)

Offline coreytrevortpb

• New user!
Need Help! Bandit died on me and wont restart...
« on: April 20, 2007, 07:47:31 PM »
Hi,
A few days ago I finished installing my new yosh slip on and my bike was running pretty good; although I could tell it needed rejetted.  The 2nd time I rode it after putting the new pipe on, the bike started to sputter like it was running out of gas and eventually died. I still had plenty of gas but I tried reserve and the damn thing just wouldnt restart.  I pushed it home (I was nearly back home when it died), and nothing seems to be out of place.  I went ahead and installed my factory pro jet kit and put everything back together.  I changed the plugs, checked for fuel in the float bowls, and everything looked fine.  BUT, the thing still wont start!! I dont know why it would sputter out and then not restart when I know there is fuel flowing into the carbs.  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 08:10:55 PM »
First thing...  is the vacuum line (the smaller of the 2 that connect to the petcock) kinked?  I had the same issue the other day and found it kinked.

You can look, but also test by turning the petcock to the Prime position, which will bypass the vacuum system.

That's my first guess....  based on what you've said.
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 09:32:06 PM »
When you crank it, does the RPM meter needle move or is it dead? If it's dead, you have no spark, at least on one coil.

Offline coreytrevortpb

• New user!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »
Thanks for the replys.  I got it started this morning although I am still not sure why it wouldnt start before.  Its running awsome now after installing the jet kit.  I noticed the mid range is much more lively.  Thanks again.

Offline land-warrior.rus

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://landwarrior.dynserv.net
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 11:48:30 AM »
Take out all the fuses and clean the contacts.
Same thing happened to me in the moddle of my trip.
After chancing the theory of blown fuse(i just took them out and put them straight back in) the bike fired straight up.
Cheers
We work to live not live to work!!!