Author Topic: Hi! New B4 owner..  (Read 5090 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Hi! New B4 owner..
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »
:welcome:

Sorry for not being around much... too much work and kids stuff going on lately!

I see you're in o-town... out of curiosity, where'd you get the bike?  I'm just wondering if it might be a former member's (Todd/Maniac).  That bike was in the midst of some MAJOR performance upgrates (GSXR cams, carbs, Yosh exhaust, USD forks...).  I don't think Todd's mech ever got it running right before all the problems he had with the mech.  The story of the bike is long.  Search for posts started by "Maniac" to find out more.  IIRC, the mech was in o-town.  

Good luck!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Hi! New B4 owner..
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 06:03:15 PM »
Well this particular one came from Hollywood Florida, and I’m pretty sure it wasn't the board members. By the way, thanks to all the input/help guys. But I think after you see these pictures you can tell what the result of everything was.

Oh yes, just got home from a good 2 hour ride. Only thing I have a problem with is getting into neutral. Anyone know of a common problem with that? Not a real big deal, but my hand is going to get super tired.

Oh yeah, thanks again guys!  
:thanks:  :thanks:

steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
Hi! New B4 owner..
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 09:32:58 PM »
so what was the problem??

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Hi! New B4 owner..
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 09:38:24 PM »
Quote from: andrewsw
so what was the problem??

I wish I could even pinpoint it, I think it was a combination of the carbs and the older gas that was in it. I’m not really sure. But after it was all back together, after checking everything, it HAD to start. And well, it did! So no matter what it was, I’m glad it's fixed.

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline Rocketboy

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Hi! New B4 owner..
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 12:19:45 AM »
Hey!  Another GTI guy!  :banana:  :beers:

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Hi! New B4 owner..
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 01:28:50 AM »
Quote from: Rocketboy
Hey!  Another GTI guy!  :banana:  :beers:

Mo ya! That is actually one of the main reasons I got the B4, so i could bring the GTI into the garage and do some major work. But yeah, love the Dub.

Steve

--Nick Voge