Author Topic: anyone have a stock exhaust to sell?  (Read 4367 times)

Offline elbandtioCA

• Board Homesteader!
anyone have a stock exhaust to sell?
« on: March 15, 2008, 05:24:54 PM »
i'm thinking of going back to stock with my b4.  i'm running a yosh set-up right now does anybody have a stock exhaust in decent condition that they're willing to part with? 

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Re: anyone have a stock exhaust to sell?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »
I have one but I live in The Netherlands...

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »
Whats wrong with the Yosh? Maybe we can trade!
1991 Bandit 400

Offline elbandtioCA

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 03:24:48 PM »
Ok, another board member convinced me I should try playing around with the jetting some more before going back to the stock.  The yosh is just very loud, and the jetting isn't quite right yet so I figured returning to stock would be worth a try.  I should probably just spend my money on upgrading the suspension instead!

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 06:33:35 PM »
What kind of exhaust do you have? Can you post a picture? If it's the one I have, you should get rid of the Yosh end can, it's loud and restrictive. I had the jetting right but I still missed some of the ponies, so I got rid of the Yosh can and put a simple can on it with a straight perforated tube. Less sound and the ponies all came back to the stable after rejetting :bigok:

And suspension is worth a lot more than engine stuff on the B4 :beers:

Offline elbandtioCA

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 10:39:41 PM »
herr tod: here's my yosh can and the pipes--i'm pretty sure its 4-2-1.  what do you mean by a "simple can with a straight perforated tube"?  forgive my total lack of knowledge about exhausts.  is it specific for the bandit, or this just some generic can that fits on the yosh pipes?  how much would something like that cost?  if you give me a figure in euros i'm going to be depressed about the exchange rate...

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 05:16:02 PM »
That's the one I have. You can call it 4-in-1. The fact that the pipes of 1-2 and 3-4 join together just before the collector doesn't count. It's probably done for extra ground clearance, in which they have done a very good job because making a right side corner the way I want to was just impossible with the stock system. With this system ground clearance is limited by nothing until the tires can't keep up :bigok: A 4-2-1 system always combines cylinders 1-4 and 2-3, otherwise it would work against the engine instead of with the engine.

In this pic you can see how I cut open my Yoshi RS-3 end can. In the end I just used the two parts you see between my wheel and the pair of plyers on the ground. Straight perforated tube with wool around it. I welded a 2" tube inside so I could slip it over the Yoshi mid-pipe. Of course... I crashed this end can really bad and now I'm running a similar Micron end can, which is butt ugly but gives great power and more important, great throttle response.

So, to make a long story short, look for any open slipon can and you're in business. I think you can have a nice one for $50 or less on eBay.

Right now I am modding a ZX-6R '05 midpipe and a ZX-6R '03 original end can to make a high-mount exhaust with a short (300 mm) end can. Thanks to turbofb for the midpipe idea :wink:

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 08:24:01 PM »
so what does it look like inside a stock can then? I always figured it was similar...just a straight perforated pipe with some wool (or sound deadening) around it.  :?: :?:

What about stock cans from other bikes? My can is getting a little old and decrepit and I wouldnt mind replacing it with a stock can from some other bike. Would I have to rejet?
1991 Bandit 400

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 10:44:23 PM »
I don't think anyone on here could afford my brand new stock pipe I have hanging in my garage. Ok not quite brand new it was on my bike 2 weeks before I install my yosh system. :lol:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 12:16:55 AM »
I don't think anyone on here could afford my brand new stock pipe I have hanging in my garage. Ok not quite brand new it was on my bike 2 weeks before I install my yosh system. :lol:
Just how much is that boat anchor worth :lol:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 10:37:20 AM »
I'll give you $20 for it ;)
1991 Bandit 400

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 12:18:17 PM »
I was thinking more in the lines of 800 to 900 

Offline bmwalfaone

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 02:33:35 PM »
I put a stock muffler off a 2004 GSXR600/750 on mine and it looks, sounds and works great! $25 on E Bay. A bit louder than stock but still subdued. Had to build an adapter to make it "slip on". The adapter was from an automotive header collector flange. I can send pics - bboelens@dubric.com

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 02:59:19 PM »
Did you have to re-jet or make any carb adjustments?
1991 Bandit 400