Author Topic: Non US OEM turn signal PN?  (Read 4337 times)

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Non US OEM turn signal PN?
« on: June 11, 2007, 01:38:24 AM »
I'm having a heck of a time finding any sort of turn signals that I like....  the best ones are apparently stockers for ROW (as usually, we get the long floppy items in the states).  Anyone know what the part numbers are for the OEM bullet turn signals?

I especially like the black ones.

Anyone happen to have a set of 4 for sale?  

Thanks...
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 05:18:57 AM »
Try Okshon ive got a set on my bike  :grin: but i like them too. MAybe try one of the guys breaking a jap import bike on ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GSF-400-BANDIT-BREAKING-FOR-SPARES_W0QQitemZ220118331242QQihZ012QQcategoryZ10534QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem THis guy might have them still although he is in the UK if you really want them and he wont ship US you can get them posted to me and then i post them onto you.

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 12:24:14 AM »
Brian that style of indicator is popular with the cruiser crowd. Try some harely accessory shops. I've seen them in stock before, and they look great. If you don't like the "fake" chrome look you can always krylon fusion it...

I did a quick search on ebay for "bullet turn signal"

I'm not sure why those ones are orange and red, but the also sell sets of 2 in orange.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 05:22:36 AM »
Those are alot longer than the genuine suzuki ones and dont have as much stalk as the suzuki ones though.

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 12:25:58 PM »
Quote from: "interfuse"
Brian that style of indicator is popular with the cruiser crowd.

I've already been down that road (actually, it was the first one I tried ~ I'm a HD mechanic as well as Suzuki and Yamaha and knew were to start).  The biggest problem I've encountered is that the best Housing I've found only came in LED, and with my LED experience, I don't feel they're bright enough to be worth anything in broad daylight (and I don't much ride at night, so I need Bright turn signals that can be seen during the day).  The only bright turn signals I've ever seen are OEMs with 1156/1157 type bulbs.  

I've also dug through other OEM options and only found a couple that I sorta liked.  The HD Vrod and a Royal Enfield, but both of those have minor things that I don't care for.  

I really don't want to settle.  If I knew the PN, I could Probably get them ordered....  problem is that the only microfiche I've seen is for US market with the big floppy lollypop type signals.
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 01:28:16 PM »
I think what we need to find is a japanese parts book online as i want to see a few japanese parts books too.

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 08:01:07 PM »
BrianM -- have you tried some of these new super-bright LED's and what's your experience with LED's in general. I'm working on an idea for the read signals where they are just a little bubble right onthe tail fairing with a bit of reflector and a couple super-bright LED's. Probably have to fab up a little circuit for them to get it all dialed in, but some of those LED"s are BRIGHT. imo

A

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 10:34:27 AM »
Super-bright LEDS...  aren't.  At least in daylight, they're Barely visible if you have one with a narrow angle, and ONLY if you're in that viewing angle.  

Maybe with better reflectors and More LEDs it changes to the better, but the stuff that's out there for motorcycles doesn't seem worth the effort to even look into.
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 01:48:19 PM »
hmmm... that's disappointing to hear.

I'll have to do some checking though. I was planning on fabbing up my own setup with several superbrights.

With 12 volts pushing through you can run probably 5 in series and get them all stuffed into a little space. If you can find really small ones you could run multiple sets in parallel and still draw very little current. Maybe you could cram 10 or so into a small enough space to still have a little bubble of a turn signal popping right out of the tail fairing.

I know the spread can be a problem (very narrow focus on those guys). Maybe the solution is to set them up for indirect anyway where the part you see is coming off a reflector. That would get you more spread (but less intensity).

If I get anything I like, I'll post up.

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 02:54:03 PM »
Speaking of turn signals....I notice my turn signals flash......very......slowly......

instead of flashing this fast  :clap:   it is more like this  :duh:  (great way to use the smileys eh!). Is that normal? Do I have to get one of those relays to make them flash extra fast? I just need a normal speed!
1991 Bandit 400

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 03:26:45 PM »
If the flashing speed is consistant regardless of RPM, it's probably just the flasher getting old and slow.

If flashing speed increases with rpm, then you have a charging system weakness. In this case, your headlight and other light vary in intensity, too.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »
Hmm....I'll check that out. I beleive its slow regardless of RPM. Any way to fix that?
1991 Bandit 400

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 05:11:59 PM »
mine is even slower...
doesnt bother me though.
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 09:29:32 AM »
Quote from: "GooseMan"
Hmm....I'll check that out. I beleive its slow regardless of RPM. Any way to fix that?

Try a new flasher... as stated above.  :bandit:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)