Author Topic: fed up  (Read 2391 times)

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
fed up
« on: June 05, 2006, 08:34:27 AM »
i have a 93 bandit 400vp. its spent the last 8 months sitting in my garden wiating for me to pass my test...

i finaly passed a few weeks ago and i called my local bike shop for them to do some maintence and get it MOT'd ready for me to use on the road. they have had the bike over a week and have replaced the fork seals, chain n sprokets, rear tire. break lines and battery. they have torn the carbs down and rebuilt them 2 times now.

what they havent yet done is get the bike running again. from what i am told the bike will start but then dies instantly. the bike shop dont seem to have any idea what the problem is, but they have said the wiring is a compleat nightmare...

im not sure if im looking for advice or just wanting to rant a little so i will stop writing now

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
fed up
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 09:33:57 AM »
That stinks, man!  Sorry.  Good luck with it.

Offline onenicebandit

• TURBO TYPER!
fed up
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 12:11:41 PM »
Sounds like the same problem I'm having with my 92.  It's been sitting in the dead zone at the shop for 5 years, I picked it up, cleaned teh carbs and put new battery and plugs in it, it started right up and idled clean for about 15-25 seconds, then it just drowned out and die.  It starts back up, reluctantly, and it drives fine at high speeds, but soon as it gets below 4k, the bike runs like complete piss and dies.  My wiring seems to be clean and fine.  I'm in the course of running through everything, I've found out my timing is off about 6 degrees, or a tooth, whichever, I'm attempting to put a new ignitor box on it, and also a new set of carbs.  The motor has already been gone over, valve adjustments, new rings, new valve springs...so I'm pretty much ruling out motor problems, your problem as well as mine seems to be either electrical or fuel related.  I just ordered a set of 16 viton o-rings to rebuild my carbs, they all looked decent, but I'm replacing them anyways.  Might want to go to your shop and get a better 411 on what your bike is doing,  Cheers!
06 KTM 250 SXF <My>
92 Bandit 400 <Runs>

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
fed up
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:20:56 PM »
im gonna be leaving work soon to head down there and see what the problem is. iv been waiting for what feels like a lifetime to be able to ride my bike and when i passed my test 2 weeks ago i was really excited, now im just  fed up.