Author Topic: Now what?!  (Read 2658 times)

Offline ltan667

• Board Regular!
Now what?!
« on: May 15, 2010, 04:00:44 PM »
 :banghead: :banghead:

Ok so I just recently resolved my "revving about 8k" issue but now have another. It rained here last night and where I live at the moment, I don't have a place to keep the B4 except outside and I don't have a cover either. So today, it cleared up and I get suited up to go for a ride. Put the key in, and hit the start engine button and I hear a loud "BUZZZ!"...I pull the seat off and look at the fuse box and see one of the #10 fuses MELTED and some of the fuse box is melted too...I then replace said fuse, and try again but get the buzz again. So this time I'm thinking low battery maybe???

I haven't taken it to get it checked yet but am going to do so pretty soon. Anyone else have any other ideas? Could it be the starter? HELP!

Regards, Leon.

Offline Tainted-Meat

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Now what?!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 05:29:07 AM »
yep . . . that loud klicky buzz is that the battery is low .. not too sure what exactly is making the klicky buzz but it's deffo flat battery...
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 06:12:34 PM »
:banghead: :banghead:

I haven't taken it to get it checked yet but am going to do so pretty soon. Anyone else have any other ideas? Could it be the starter? HELP!

Regards, Leon.
Check your terminal posts, I recently had my bike serviced, and the bike died shortly afterward while riding her home. I called the mechanic, he said the battery/electric was not touched. I checked the batt, couldn't see anything wrong, but when I removed it, saw it had accumulated crap/corrosion/green stuff around/inside the post/connect points, I blew out the area, got rid of most of it, put the batt back, and no problems, she started and kept going.
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline Tainted-Meat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:53:35 PM »
good thing to clean the terminals (like said above) and then cover them in a automotive grease.
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 08:59:05 AM »
The buzzing will be the relay not openning and could indicate battery or the fact that the main fuse is going could be the regulator not regulating and sending too high a voltage across the battery. Give the connections a good clean.