Author Topic: clutch drag/shifting trouble  (Read 11443 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
clutch drag/shifting trouble
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 10:07:42 AM »
you know i have to lube my clutch cable more than any other bike ive owned
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline erik

• Board Homesteader!
Re: clutch drag/shifting trouble
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 03:50:59 AM »
Update:

The mineral oil improved the clutch, but it was still dragging more than it should when it was hot. So I got a new set of friction plates and it seems to have fixed it, there's no trouble getting it into neutral now.

I also tried welding an extension on the lever at the engine end of the clutch cable and replaced the spring at that end as well, it made the clutch a easier to pull in and stopped me getting a sore hand. But I've just cut the extension off and re-welded it because of concerns of wearing the cable out where it exited the tube and also worrying that it wasn't giving the clutch enough movement when the bike was hot. I've got the stock spring on it again but think I'll have to do something as it feels a lot harder to pull in. Maybe just replace the stock return spring with a softer/differently attached one or weld a slightly smaller extension on the lever....