Author Topic: For those with taller bars than stock  (Read 3686 times)

Offline gixxerjasen

• TURBO TYPER!
For those with taller bars than stock
« on: April 23, 2011, 08:04:59 PM »
For those that have put on MX bars or taller bars than the stock ones.  Did you use specific cables and brake hose from another bike or did you get custom stuff made.  I've been searching and can't find anything on here and haven't gone this route on any bike in the past.  I see I can get custom cables from motion pro but if there's something that'll work from another bike that might be easier and perhaps less expensive.

Offline aNiMaL

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: For those with taller bars than stock
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 07:08:11 PM »
I was going to be asking the same sort of question soon.
Changing my clip ons for a riser top yoke and bars, and i know the choke and clutch cables are quite tight now.
Brake pipes not got much spare play either.
Brake pipes easy , just buy a longer braided type to size needed.
My Choke is getting moved down nearer the carbs on a pull and lock type if i can find one that will work .
Clutch needs to have the right ends, and be a 4 or 5 inches longer ( wont know for sure till every thing else is in place.

So , are these bandit ( or other suzuki )clutch cables pretty much the same ends, just differnt length's ?

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:42:23 AM »
So , are these bandit (or other suzuki) clutch cables pretty much the same ends, just differnt length's ?

Don't know, but one from a B4 with bars (like the US model) ought to work for you.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline gixxerjasen

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 02:27:03 PM »
Been doing some digging around for this.

Motion Pro will do custom cables for a resonable price.  Looks like I have a local guy who can order a custom brake line for me with no issues.

As for measuring to figure out what you need, seems the custom cruiser guys have some experience with this.  Here's a simple method that looks like it'll work well that I'll use.

http://www.motorcyclepartsandaccessoriesblog.com/ask-a-jp-tech-how-to-measure-motorcycle-cable-and-brake-lines/2010/02/17