Author Topic: Anyone have probs scraping there exhaust??  (Read 5024 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Anyone have probs scraping there exhaust??
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 10:49:45 PM »
Or just get a 2G B12 rear shock!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 12:51:16 AM »
Quote from: "millsi1"
how far (minimum) above the original hole can i drill a new hole (dog bones)?? dont want to go too close for safety.

You have to gauge for yourself, try not to drill too close or too far from the original hole on the dog bone.
B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn

Offline albertinhouston

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 11:40:29 PM »
I used to scrap on the track with right hand turns. It was the collector not the pegs.  first time it freaked me out. I don't recall my V&H scraping.  I had a 91 and was racing in 93. I had some upgraded front springs and stock rear shock.

Offline 400runner

• Board Homesteader!
too low
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 07:06:59 PM »
If you are having problem with the suspension,I am surprised that if you are bottoming out, that you have not notice that when you sit on it you sink pretty low. and that when you ride and  hit a bump on the road your bike continues to bounce around like a pogo stick. I had a shock go bad on me and those were the symptoms. However I never had the pipe hit the ground in the area that you discribe. I think that before you begin to drill your dog bones and posibly make the bike unsafe. Just go with a newer shock and you will for sure get a better ride. Do you hit the ground when you turn either direction? And didn't you say that you had a friend who was selling you a 04 shock? beleive me the newer gsxr shocks are the best for that little B4. I love it on mine. :beers:
400runner.