Author Topic: found yet another exhaust made for the bandit  (Read 11075 times)

Offline Nacho2059

• Board Homesteader!
found yet another exhaust made for the bandit
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2006, 02:36:52 PM »
Thanks Rob
     Any suggestions on where to get the clamps?  I found some at denniskirk.com for about $62 but I know they dont have an exact match for the bike should I just stop by the local shop and see if I can pick up the clamp and some kind of hanger to make it fit?
thanks again
Mike
1991 Bandit 400
New Spark Plugs and things are on the up and up again.
Shes still for sale however.

Offline DogBoy

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2006, 10:19:53 PM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
The last chapter (mercifully):

I dry fitted everything today.  I'm going to get a new tube made for a mid.  The new header sticks back enough that I need about 1.5" more clearance at the swingarm.  I'm going to get it bent just like my current highmount pipe in 2" so I can use the M4.  That way I can switch over to the V&H mid and can for the track if I want and permanantly if I ever find a deal on a new can.  

I can't wait to see the difference with just the headers.  Man, peering into the stock collector, there's all kinds of tubing restricting flow in there.  There's nuthin' in the V&H.   :banana:

Any updates on this project? Was the M4 transplant successful? I have the same Vance & Loud system and may be looking for a less obnoxious can.
91 Bandit 400
89 FZR400
96 YZF600

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2006, 08:39:31 AM »
Quote from: "Nacho2059"
Thanks Rob
     Any suggestions on where to get the clamps?  I found some at denniskirk.com for about $62 but I know they dont have an exact match for the bike should I just stop by the local shop and see if I can pick up the clamp and some kind of hanger to make it fit?
thanks again

Dammit - I didn't see this post before.  Sorry.  That ebay item has been removed so I don't know what you ended up doing.  If it were me, I'd go to ART's website and see if they offer parts like that.  They probably do.  I know that M4 does.  

As for an update...  so far so good.  After a few trips to the exhaust shop, I have it all painted and the M4 bolted on using a custom 2" mid.  I actually fired it up yesterday for the first time since November.  I couldn't run it for long b/c I have no coolant in it and had a leaky carb for some reason.  It sounds mean.  The M4 with the V&H headers sounds much deeper and nastier than what I remember it sounding like with the stock headers.  I think it's gonna be pretty loud.  If I get a chance, I'll bolt on the full V&H one of these days to see what difference it makes.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline JmuRiz

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2006, 10:04:20 AM »
Full V&H SuperSport is LOUD.
I have it on my bike, with new quietech baffles...doesn't make a diff.
One good thing is that you can't sneak up on anyone in traffic  :shock:
Nathan

'91 GSF 400
'90 FZR 400
'65 Ducati Falcon 80

Offline Nacho2059

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2006, 01:21:07 PM »
No worries
 Ebay ended the auction for some reason and I bought the holeshot can from zeebandit so its all good.
Mike
1991 Bandit 400
New Spark Plugs and things are on the up and up again.
Shes still for sale however.

Offline doqq

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2006, 08:08:02 PM »
where are you guys getting these v&h headers from and what model?  is it a B4 specific model?  thank you

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2006, 08:17:07 PM »
yes sir its for a b4 specific. mainly from ebay. I will tell you guys what, the pipe on my gixxer 400 is a factory suzuki thin wall stainless race header verey rare to find , verey light . But here is the kicker a buddy on mine and a member of this board, is having reproductions of them made. they will fit your b4 but you would have to sorce a oil pan and a sump for either a gsxr 400 model gk73 or gk 76 and then you could run this pipe should be fairly cheap to get a oil pan and sump from the UK. Id say around $30.00 to post ! This to me would be your best bet for a great pipe! look for posts by stripes1976 or something like that!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2006, 09:15:44 AM »
Yeah - mine is from the original post in this thread.  It was from a guy that wadded his B4 track bike.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7