Author Topic: Front suspension  (Read 8187 times)

Offline Dragon888

• TURBO TYPER!
Front suspension
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 10:27:09 PM »
Quote from: Bartjan
centre to centre distance original is about 195mm, mine are about 183mm.
i also have the B6 dogbones (which dont fit) these are 163mm and if they were 10mm longer they would probably fit, with no room left and an incredible high back-end

this is what happens when someone tries to mount the B6 dogbones (when that person didnt know they wouldnt fit  :roll: )

as you can see that is some extreme high rear end, but it wont fit as you can see here

[edit] by the way: if you raise the rear, the centre-stand will touch the chain so you would have to remove the centre-stand and use the side-standard

Just openned my internet today, thanks for the input but I wanted to be sure of the distance, are we talking about the distance of the 2 holes on the dogbones and not the entire length of the dogbones? Secondly will that measurement fit the b 250 also? If I make them on mine besides having the rear raised, woult it stiffen the suspension/shocks? BTW got the bike without centerstands. Thanks for the inputs bro and RIDE SAFE!

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
Front suspension
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 12:22:50 PM »
those are the distances from the centre of the hole to the other centre of the hole. NOT the entire length!!
i don't know if it would also fit bandit 250, you might wanna put the bike on something so you can have the rear wheel in the air (like a centrestand does) and measure the distance yourself, that way you can also exactly define how high you want the rear to be, since your making the dogbones yourself.

i didnt notice any difference in the suspension, which would seem logical since the movement of the spring doesnt change much with the shorter dogbones.
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline Dragon888

• TURBO TYPER!
Front suspension
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 08:18:49 PM »
Thanks a lot bro, I think ill star this project this coming weekend. Hope it all goes well. Ride Safe Bros!