Author Topic: Relatively odd no start condition...  (Read 2743 times)

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Relatively odd no start condition...
« on: September 26, 2006, 08:47:45 PM »
I was talking with another board member in another post (thanks btw!). But he suggested making a standalone topic to see if I could get some more help. I have a 92 b4, just got it yesterday. Read here: http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=7071

And I’m fighting with this thing to get it started/running again. Now I’m back to the same condition I was before, no start at all. Here is what I know, I am getting spark, on all cylinders, and I am getting fuel in the float bowls. But I appear to not be getting fuel into the cylinders. I’m not quite sure why this could be. Can anyone offer me some insight on this situation? It seems very strange for the bike to be running perfect one day, and then just, kaput. Any help you guys could give me would be great. Thanks!

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »
How are your plug wires hooked up since you were messing around with that stuff surew they are on the right plug?
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 11:49:22 PM »
Did you turn down your idle knob??? The little black knob on the left side by your carb... it would have the same effect you were talking about in your other post... Turn it towards the back wheel to increase the idle speed.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 12:13:13 AM »
good one mate!! :beers:
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 12:33:25 AM »
To answer the two posts in one reply, yeah I confirmed the plug wire layout from the schematic, which was spot on. I’ll check on getting some plugs tomorrow, are they something I can get say, auto parts store? Or am I looking at a cycle shop only type of deal? I yanked off the carbs just tonight and cleaned them out a bit. The o rings actually looked pretty good, but there was some crap in the jets, so I thought that was a for sure fix. But to no avail, no start again. And this time, even better, I’m getting fuel in the line, and I have fuel in the tank, but now it's not filling the bowls. If I get anything out of all this when I get it running right, at least I’ll be able to disassemble the whole thing super fast. Tomorrow I’m going to check and make sure I don’t have any gunk in the actual fuel flow portion of the carb, but we'll see. I will beat this thing yet!

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 12:34:58 AM »
turn it on prime

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 12:36:59 AM »
Quote from: gsxr400 racer
turn it on prime

On what? My petcock only has a "fuel" and "reserve" on it. no prime...is there where just constant fuel flows?

steve

--Nick Voge

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 01:17:13 AM »
there is no fuel in the bowls because the petcock is vacuum actuated. no vacuum, no fuel. no run = no vacuum which means forever on the crank to get enough fuel in. if you look at the petcock, there is a little screw alongside the lever. pull that screw and you can turn the lever so it points up. thats the prime position and will let fuel flow freely to fill the float bowls.