Author Topic: Fuel Tap Leak  (Read 2104 times)

Offline scottgroovez

• Board Regular!
Fuel Tap Leak
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:07:40 PM »
Hi Guys,

Got back home from a ride out the other day, when I noticed that fuel was dripping down from the fuel tap. I've just had a look today and cannot work out where it's leaking from. The only place I can think/see it could be leaking from is under the tap, there's something that's hard to describe (will try and get a picture), but it's like a very small ball bearing set into the underneath. When I looked at it it had something that looked like glue over it, so I suspect someone tried to fix the leak before. Now that glue has fallen off as it was pretty brittle and besides I want to fix the leak properly.

Anyone got any ideas what this "bit" is and/or any other ideas as to where the leak is coming from? Checked all hoses etc and they're fine.

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Fuel Tap Leak
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 12:11:10 PM »
There's a gasket under the fuel tap and it's probably toast...
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline scottgroovez

• Board Regular!
Re: Fuel Tap Leak
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 04:29:48 AM »
Checked the gasket and it looks OK. Whilst I had the tap off I wiped it dry and held it up to try and replicate the leak and it was defo getting moist from the underneath "ball bearing looking" thing I mentioned. Wiped it dry a few more times and each time fuel leaked out a bit until the fuel ran out.