Author Topic: restrictor kit  (Read 4848 times)

Offline matt_400bandit

• TURBO TYPER!
restrictor kit
« on: November 19, 2006, 01:48:41 PM »
hey all, i need a restrictor kit for my b4 and wonderd if any of you guys have the washers for the carbs that i can buy off you? . I dont nessicarly need a certificate but if it can be photo copyed with the information of your bike tipexed out if not no worrys cos i can get my bike dynoed and the graph will be as good as a certificate any takers???  :thanks:

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 03:56:05 PM »
cant help with the restriction kit but

http://www.batmotorcycles.co.uk/33bhp.asp

might be able to help

good luck

Offline matt_400bandit

• TURBO TYPER!
restrictor kit
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 04:01:58 PM »
cheers for that, when i phoned bat cos its at the bottom of my number plate and i know there one of the main importers to the uk, they said that they wont suplly me with just the kit id have to go up there to get it fitted which i can get done at a shop down near me ?? for £200  :beers: cheers still tho

Offline speedwaymaniac

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 06:24:19 AM »
Does anyone know where a restriction Kit can be acquired from and fitted?? Preferably in the South West, UK (Bristol, Somerset Area)

I've been looking for a while but everywhere i try states that they are unable to restrict it because its the 400.

:sad:

Unfortunately im not even sure if it has already been restricted.
JJ
'04 GSF 600 Bandit K4
'00 GSF 600 Bandit Y - Used for parts
'95 GSF 400 Bandit - smashed :'(

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 07:35:09 AM »
Go to your local bike shop and ask for am restrictor kit. Most shops can get them, FI international make one for the bandit 400. Try fowler's they will definitely be able to get you one.

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:11:12 AM »
i used to have one i bought of ebay (where they dont appear often, but sometimes they do)
never used it though...   and it's been sold again

http://www.bike-teile.de/index.php?seite=einzel&teilid=278062here is a restrictor set, but it says its for 400, 600 and 1200 and it looks different from the one i had. give them a mail and ask them if your interested. this one looks like it should be used between the carbs and head, mine had to be used in the carbs so you couldn't drive full throttle.
€ 120 is alot cheaper then £ 200  :bandit:
i guess i shouldn't say i paid € 40 for my restricter set when i bought it and thats also what i sold it for

or you can just make it yourself for less then € 5  :wink:
use a few (plastic) rings in the carbs to limit full throttle (if i remember correctly mine were about 5mm thick) or drill some holes in round plates (like the link) and use them between the carbs and head.
or do a combination
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:54:17 AM »
I can get you the measurments from my set if you want. They go in the top of the carb and stop the slide from opening fully.

Offline speedwaymaniac

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 09:28:43 AM »
Fair enough unfort the biggest problem is getting hold of the paperwork that states its been completed.

Secondly i have tried my local shop and they can't get one for my model as can't Fowlers, secondly Fowlers out right refuse to touch my bike due to its being an import.

So a little stumped  :sad:
JJ
'04 GSF 600 Bandit K4

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 10:09:44 AM »
If you put in your own restrictors and then put the bike on a dyno that will then prove your bike is only 33hp.

Offline speedwaymaniac

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 11:20:16 AM »
Cool! thats good are you still using yours? Is there no particular requirement in Law that states you need some form of an official certificate etc??
JJ
'04 GSF 600 Bandit K4

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 01:43:25 PM »
The law states that the police have too prove that your bike is not restricted. And the dyno will be good enough proof for most insurance company's. I am still using my restrictor kit but its sortve sat in the shed at the moment so wont be too much hassle to measure. you could get them made from plastic or ally.

Offline speedwaymaniac

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 05:27:13 AM »
thats great, at last someone who knows what their talking about! Thanks for setting me straight. Good news i seem to have found someone that should be able to do it for me.

a company called JHS Racing in Keynsham, sounds like it should be good.
JJ
'04 GSF 600 Bandit K4

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 07:25:49 AM »
Do you want a drawing with measurements of the restrictor then? Or are they going to supply the kit?

Offline speedwaymaniac

• Board Homesteader!
restrictor kit
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 11:27:35 AM »
Nah thanks they are going to build one for scratch specific to my bike! For a reasonable price aswell!

Thanks for your help BanditMax very much appreciated.

:clap:  :grin:
JJ
'04 GSF 600 Bandit K4