Author Topic: Gear selector return spring  (Read 2612 times)

Offline sabandit

• New user!
Gear selector return spring
« on: September 05, 2005, 11:05:37 AM »
Hi

First time question.
I've replace the sprocket and chain on my b4 and somehow the return spring on the gear selector shaft has "sprung" off its setting.
Without dismantling the gearbox , is there any way of re setting the spring to it's original postion :sad:

Maybe next time I will not have a beer while attempting this seemingly "easy" maintenance procedure.

HELP!!!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 05:16:26 PM »
No you are missing a E clip that goes on the shifter shaft by the seal or behind the seal this is why it backed off im sure ! Youll need to take the clutch cover off and fix this and get a new gasket! :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline sabandit

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 02:50:30 AM »
HI

Thanks for the reply. I had anaother look at it last night and your comment confirms that I will have to remove the clutch assembly.

Thanks for the feedback

:bigok:

Offline sabandit

• New user!
Fixed it
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 01:21:26 PM »
Hi

Just a quick update on the problem I had.

I managed ( after trying  :motorsmile: for about 30mins) to get the spring seated and returned in the correct position with a bit of patience and a long nose plier.

Took her for a shakedown run on the weekend and managed to blitz my buddy(RVF400) to about 100km/h.

Ran the b4 off the clock( speedo shows to 180Km/h) and then got passed by the RVF...aarrghh. Will have to do something about that.

I also "picked" up a bikini type fairing and altered it to fit to see what the effect is.(I have no idea the origins of the fairing or the bike that it comes from) . It worked well ,deflecting the wind while still retaining that naked feel. Will try and get a pic to post soon.

So for longer rides I'll stick it on and remove it for the twisties ride.

Catch you later.... :lol: