Author Topic: Pilot screws?  (Read 9399 times)

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Pilot screws?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »
Some markets are plugged like N. America. And some like Europe and Australia they are open. They also get a nice adjustable needle. I drilled the mixture plugs out the day I got the bike new from the dealership and never looked back. In Canada we get the shit EPA plugs even though motorcycles are exempt from any smog emissions. They also use Canada as a test market for bikes going into the States so we get lucky alot of the times and get bikes first ironically over the States. Or keep bikes that those in the US like to buy. The most similar motorcycle market to Canada is Germany so we keep alot of the cool Euro bikes. You'll see in the States alot of bikes imported from Canada, especially large displacement or rare samples from the '80's when there was a huge tax in the States for over 750cc because Harley Davidson whined to Congress because no one was buying their bikes because they were even shittier than they are now(I know thats hard to believe, but it's true).

They were even offered help by the Japanese big four but turned it down and bitched instead of just improving their products. That and them killing Buell(although probably for the best for Buell)because the Buell "entry level" bikes were blowing away their own bikes and Police Dept's were trying to buy the Buell Ulysses Police bikes instead of the slow-ass unreliable Harley police bikes is why I'll never buy a Harley. I don't want to reward failure and political connections instead of innovation. Really the writing was on the wall when AMF bought the company way back in the late 60's. Harley Davidson effectively ended as a motorcycle company in 1968 when AMF bought them out and they totally abandoned racing when those new fangled Japanese fours and 2 strokes were wiping their ass on the track. Did they pick up their socks and say team up with Ford or GM to create a multi-cylinder bike that would re-establish Harley on the track and teach those new comers with half the monetary resources a lesson they won't forget? Did they start working with their suspension people for better handling? Better brakes? No they packed up and limp dicked it back to the factory and gave up road racing. What phucking pussies!

Now they been reduced to a fashion house relying on aging easy riders which will die out or be too old in a decade or two to ride then where will they be? Stuck with a shitload of slow, bad handling unreliable motorcycles that are too expensive to buy when my Bandit 1200 STOCK for a 1/4 or the price beats their fastest bike the V-ROD. Hell on PINKS(drag race show) a 1982 GS1100 beat the V-rod and the V-rod broke on the third trap run!!!
The funny thing is is the Harley guy who named himself "Hollywood"(just gay) had a whole bunch of attitude and brought a super fancy trailer with a pit crew and an umbrella girl! Hahaha. He was even given a bike length after the first race. His bike was all chromed up with a fancy exhaust and shit and he said it was worth $18000 the guy on the Suzuki probably weighed like 250+Lbs(he was a fat phuck) and his bike was stock except I think he had a four into one(might of been stock can't remember) exhaust and probably a stage 1 max because I saw that he still had the stock airbox. He bought his bike for $2500 used and drove it to work every day. He drove to the track while his wife had a shitty pickup truck with the cheapest ass bike trailer. The best line of the show "Well thats what happens when you bring a Harley to a track" Hahahah. Another guy said when the guy was bitching that his bike was broken: "You should be used to it". Hahaha. He didn't even want the bike, he called to his wife to get the for sale sign out. He then trailered the Harley and drove away on his bike as the Harley had broke it's clutch. I think that sums up the HD rider vs people that are normal.

Buell could have saved Harley's ass because Buell wanted to create a real Motorcycle company. If something was crap he improved it, if it was too heavy he lightened it. He actually was at a minimum keeping up with the Japanese and some of his innovations actually surpassed them, especially his novel braking system. Despite using the shit Harley engine, he got as much power as possible out of them and improved reliability and they proof is in the pudding because there is still a shitload of Buells on the road and my friend built one from parts and it's one awsome machine. Thank god Buell is back with his Eric Buell racing or EBR bikes. He's putting out a super bike now in limited numbers to gain capital but he will be making mainstream bikes. If I can afford one I'll buy it because I want him to succeed and I guarantee you it will be an awesome bike considering he's using ROTAX engines now.

I was trying to get the link to the U-Tube video of that PINKS drag race it used to be all over the internet but has suddenly disappeared I wonder why????? Someone or some company wouldn't have complained would they??

Here's my friends he built from scratch out of parts he got on the internet at the back of his shop:

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:38:20 PM by rider123 »
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline chef

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Pilot screws?
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 12:34:06 PM »
Yee haa!!
Got the parts from Suziparts in Australia,took 1 week shipping to Bali.
4 pieces,spring,seals,o-rings & piston rubber set for master cylinder...$150 incl shipping,i"m a happy lad.