Author Topic: How many wires to the cdi box?  (Read 7467 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
How many wires to the cdi box?
« on: March 24, 2005, 01:46:35 AM »
any one got 7 wires? or are all yours 6?
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 06:17:42 PM »
come on 2 plugs how many wires?  :stickpoke:
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 07:20:08 PM »
Only got six on mine...    :sad:
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 08:50:23 PM »
Thanks bro , finally some answered !! Come on some more people . how many wires on your bike ??????  The reason being is I HAVE 7. My harnes is supposed to be from a b4 cuse the gsxr one was buchard. I personal got this at a local salvage yard and have been running it for 2 years now with my spare b4 motor . And Ive always thought that motor to be soft. I should have more than 63hp . Well i got a GSXR 400 box from the UK and the guy said it was good but guess what? anyways when the box got here the box had jumper wires with plugs coming out of it and those plugs had the comin 6 wires so will this box is in the bike pluged in to my whatever harness its not firing and im like im gonna cut that friggin wire and see , so i do and (yellow and green wire) and still no spark . so i cuss a bit. now i plug my new oem cdi that i bought 2 years ago in and say well im either gonna see smoke with this wire cut or its gonna fire up , And you know what HOLLY FUGGIN CRISPNESS Now shes got the pepper. So thats why im looking for the match to my wiring harness so others can snip away. Cant wait to get to the dyno!! :duh:

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 09:47:51 PM »
http://www1.synapse.ne.jp/s-hara/bandit/ban-spece.html

For Bandit 400 it should be 6 wires connecting to the CDI if you refer to the above link, I have not physically count the wires on my CDI yet.
B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 09:49:46 PM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
Thanks bro , finally some answered !! Come on some more people . how many wires on your bike ??????  The reason being is I HAVE 7. My harnes is supposed to be from a b4 cuse the gsxr one was buchard. I personal got this at a local salvage yard and have been running it for 2 years now with my spare b4 motor . And Ive always thought that motor to be soft. I should have more than 63hp . Well i got a GSXR 400 box from the UK and the guy said it was good but guess what? anyways when the box got here the box had jumper wires with plugs coming out of it and those plugs had the comin 6 wires so will this box is in the bike pluged in to my whatever harness its not firing and im like im gonna cut that friggin wire and see , so i do and (yellow and green wire) and still no spark . so i cuss a bit. now i plug my new oem cdi that i bought 2 years ago in and say well im either gonna see smoke with this wire cut or its gonna fire up , And you know what HOLLY FUGGIN CRISPNESS Now shes got the pepper. So thats why im looking for the match to my wiring harness so others can snip away. Cant wait to get to the dyno!! :duh:

Do you mean I can use a gsxr400 on bandit400 by snipping an extra wire and at the same time get more ponies??  :beers:
B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 01:27:32 AM »
No you can use the gsxr 400 one if you have 6 wires for some reason my so called b4 wiring harness had 7 on the small plug to the cdi there was 3 wires instead of the b4 2 wires. I had a extra green and yellow wire on my small plug for some reason.

Offline banditcilik

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 03:53:46 AM »
Bandit, mine is visually the same as the pictures you attached. I think it has the third transistor too. I counted the wires and it has seven wires. My manual only describe 6 wires, I don't know where the extra green/white colored wire leads to. My bike is GK75A. What year is it?

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 10:36:58 AM »
Quote from: "banditcilik"
Bandit, mine is visually the same as the pictures you attached. I think it has the third transistor too. I counted the wires and it has seven wires. My manual only describe 6 wires, I don't know where the extra green/white colored wire leads to. My bike is GK75A. What year is it?

If you imported the bike from Singapore, most probably its a 1993 Bandit400, because only the P model is imported to Sg.

I have a extra green and white wire with bullet connector on my bike as well. I tape that wire and hid it behind the battery. I have check another forumer bandit which also has that extra wire.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 12:29:06 PM »
IF YOU HAVE 3 WIRES TO YOUR SMALL PLUG ON THE CDI , and 4 to the main plug on the cdi. CUT THE GREEN AND YELLOW STRIPPED WIRE ON THE SMALL PLUG , and see how the bike runs. if you dont like it put a conector in there :stickpoke:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 08:52:12 AM »
update on the green/yellow wire it is a speed limiting wire im told 112mph got another gsxr 400 box with one in it. :duh:

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 10:37:54 AM »
I counted the wires to my CDI box while replacing the jet needle in my carb. There are 7 wires, 4 wires on the big connector and 3 wires on the small connector.

So if I cut the green/white wire I'm able to clear derestrict the bike/over rev the bike??