Author Topic: Im still here!  (Read 5779 times)

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
Im still here!
« on: June 21, 2012, 02:19:22 AM »
Hey guys,Ive been busy for a while with little ones and work,but Im still here and so is the trusty Bandit. Shes running great still, about to turn 20K miles.

Can anyone ID this header?
 Ive had it for a while now (got it from Japan) and just got around to making a Y-pipe and mounting up my second muffler.Shes nice and quiet now,a good balance of exhaust,intake and mechanical noise.....plus it looks killer from behind. I love the curves,(reminds me of the CB400SS) but I dont like how it hangs so far down. And before you start flaming me for adding weight,I installed an LI battery to offset the extra can's weight.Its probably the last mod Ill make (except if I find a solo seat cowl...yea right!) Im gonna make some 1" wide stainless covers and tack them over each seam to hide the welds(idea I got from the stock exhaust on my new VX800)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:31:47 AM by turbofb »
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: Im still here!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »
As for the seat cowl, Wild Hair Accessories is still listing one, have you checked with them to see if it is still available?

BTW - I think it looks great with the dual cans (I agree the header hangs a little too low though).
I've been thinking of doing something similar with my C-14 as Muzzy makes a dual can system for it... I'm just having a hard time parting with that much coin. 
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »
Thanks for the link!
And they are in CA, no less!  :thumb:

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:09:12 PM »
Do you have a build thread? Swingarm, forks, wheels, mods?
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 11:50:44 PM »
Im in there somewhere......go back about 4 years for the flurry of activity when I was building her. I havent been around much because the bike is done and Ive been busy.
I didnt pioneer anything with this build.....in fact, most of the mods I did, I learned here.
The front is a 90's GSXR with 6 piston calipers added.....it all just bolts up,no mods to the bike.
The rear shock is an 06' GSXR unit that bolted up......fully adjustable,moved the coolant res up front.
The rear swingarm is a GSXR400 unit I had modded by the seller to take the brake strut.Tried an SV650 swingarm,but it was incompatible.
The rear wheel I experimented with, and finally choose an SV650 wheel with a 160 tire.Rear disc and caliper is also SV650.
Headlight mount is universal and the gauge mount is the stock unit with a few tab changes made.
Engine is stock with Factory jet kit/K&N filter and Accel coils,LI battery,temp gauge,Scotts steering damper,centerstand/pass pegs deleted,and I upped the gearing a bit +1 front and -1 rear.....makes for better manners in 1st and 2nd.

Current rides include my old FZR1000, TDM 850 and last week.....VX800.......yea, I like em weird!

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »
Cools stuff! I looked through all 12 pages of your posts, nice work! Can you take a more detailed pic of your Scotts bracket at the tank. Both pics that are posted cut off any welding or bolting you used for the bracket. I use the Scotts on my gsxr and love it. Check my "cafe Build" and "F2 wheel" for my 3 bandit builds.
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
Thats funny since ite replaced a standard,rusty Yosh 4-2-1 header I had on there. It used to have a black/gloss patina on it,but some fine-grit sandpaper took it back to the raw stainless look I preffer.
Thanks for the info.....any ideas why it hangs so low? Thought maybe it was for a GSXR400 or a VV model or something.

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 07:02:02 PM »
Figured its probably off something non-Bandit......who can keep up with all the Japan-only models, seems like they get to have all the fun! Never heard of an Impulse,well.....except for that Isuzu turd. Theres an RF400 too, I believe.

Thanks, I noticed you have a long list of Yoshimura mods on your sig,....is this header rare or otherwise desireable? (besides being stainless and looking nice) I cant remember how much I paid,but it seemed like everyone was ohhing and ahhing when it popped up on the boards, for sale by someone in Japan. I snatched it up but it sat in my closet for many years before I got it installed.

Offline Nickelodeon

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 10:57:45 PM »
What you doing with the old rusty Yosh header?

If you're gonna sell it I'd be interested.

Nick

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 01:01:52 AM »
Yea,Ill sell it.
Might be hard to ship being the shape it is....where you located?

Offline Nickelodeon

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 01:53:03 AM »
South Carolina, I sent you a PM.

Drop me an e-mail when you get a moment. (I don't want to post my e-mail and get spammed to death)

Thanks!

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 03:10:19 AM »
Here are some pics,none of them are in my computor so I dont know how to attach them to an email.......Im not a computor person.

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 09:09:02 AM »
GSXR400 forks?

Offline bullet5

• Board Homesteader!

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 09:39:17 AM »
GSXR400 forks?

http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=8790.0 :thumb:
Ye that's pretty awesome, I'd do that if I could find one cheap.
How does it ride compared to before?