Author Topic: Introduce your Bandit  (Read 151729 times)

Offline Wudy

• Board Homesteader!
    • Wudy.co.uk Freelance Web Development
Re: Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2009, 06:08:30 PM »
Haha I was thinking about it, but I really like the standard exhaust. I think it looks so right on the bike.
However, I did see one with a stubby Akrapovic can that looked quite tasty [EDIT: See below].

But the main reason I can, the girl-f will start getting upset lol. I've already spent silly amounts of money on my car (still got things to do) so I think she would be more than unimpressed if I started modding the bike too. Especially with the money spent trying to get her going!

Just out of curiosity, what exhaust is it? Got any pics?

Cheers.

Just looked through the Bandit 400/250 Picture thread and no luck. Then looked all through this one and it was on that last page!! Grr. Here it is:

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:56:47 PM by Wudy »
- '93 Jap Import B4 VVC

Offline half-full

• New user!
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »
Hello Guys and Girls,
  I'm an original, off the showroom floor Bandit guy. In 91 I bought my first bike. It was a blue Bandit 400. My brother went in a couple of weeks later and ordered a red one for when he would come and visit me.
I put over 40,000 miles on mine over the next 4 years, including many miles in the snow. I commuted 45 miles to Rochester, NY every day.
Finally sold the blue bandit when my fourth child arrived and moved to Virginia.
My brother's bike went into storage for the next 15 or 16 years. It only had 1700 miles on it, mostly from me just trying to keep it fresh.

2009- My brother gave my son his old red Bandit. We picked it up and, thanks to these forums, I've rebuilt the carbs and the bike is back up and running well. The bike did suffer a bit over the years. Surface corrosion mostly. Nothing too bad.

We're still trying to get a copy of the lost title from NY DMV. That process is a bit trying, but it's looking good now and should be all set in a few weeks. We were able to get an original sales receipt from the dealer. lol

Here's two pictures. The first is in 1991 with both bikes. The second is a few weeks ago. Alex, my son is sitting on the red bike in both pictures.

Offline PK_Warped

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2009, 08:22:53 AM »
Hey all,

I'm brand new to the forums and I gotta say, the wealth of information here is amazing. I wish I'd found this place a lot earlier!

My bike is a good 'ol 91 B4, black on a silver frame. A buddy of mine found it for $500 in a “lost to the dark recesses of a garage”  type of condition. Needless to stay it was in need of some love. It still is, really. Every time I try to get to cosmetics it seems another mechanical issue comes up!

I don't have any pictures online yet but as soon as I do I'll edit this post and put 'em in. She isn't nearly as pretty as some of the bikes I've seen here. maybe someday she will!  :motorsmile:

Offline 00Bandit600sOC

• Board Regular!
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2009, 03:29:12 PM »
 RED 00 B6 Bandit...(49 Sate bike from Fla)..7900 miles, paid $1000 sight unseen in L.A. off of Craigslist...new oils, plugs, cleaned carbs, removed snorkle, 05 gsxr rear Showa shock, new rear tire, new brake fluids, new gel battery...just got insurance and M/C license....next off to DMV for tags and plate
00 B6 bandit, 05 gsxr 1000 rear Showa shock,snorkle removed,7900 mi..Vance/Hines SSR Slip-on from a ZX6R

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2009, 12:22:52 PM »
RED 00 B6 Bandit...(49 Sate bike from Fla)..7900 miles, paid $1000 sight unseen in L.A. off of Craigslist...new oils, plugs, cleaned carbs, removed snorkle, 05 gsxr rear Showa shock, new rear tire, new brake fluids, new gel battery...just got insurance and M/C license....next off to DMV for tags and plate
:rofl: This thread is intended for introducing your 250 and/or 400 Bandit... with a pic. :stickpoke:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline 00Bandit600sOC

• Board Regular!
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2009, 01:02:44 PM »
I feel horrible...Sorry to pollute the baby Bandit section..!!
 :welcome: :welcome:
00 B6 bandit, 05 gsxr 1000 rear Showa shock,snorkle removed,7900 mi..Vance/Hines SSR Slip-on from a ZX6R

Offline mosquito

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2009, 08:36:37 PM »
That's OK, we like all bikes!  (Well, most...)

Offline Wunder

• New user!
  • Personal Avatars don't work apperantly.
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »

Hey guys, My name is Shaun from the upstate area of South Carolina.

I noticed the introduced your bandit so I thought I'll do just that.

I ride a 1992 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit

I bought this from a guy who used it as a trick bike, He laid it down, repaired the damage and sold it to me.
So far, I've replaced the Clutch cover from a drop that happened while teaching the girlfriend to ride.

It currently has about 26,XXX miles on it.
Mostly stock, It's got a larger sprocket.

Before this bike I rode a 81 Honda CM400,...Which was garbage.
So, I'm glad to be riding this bike.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:42:31 PM by Wunder »

Offline JoeTessitore

• New user!
    • Resurrected Metal - The Bandit Build
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2010, 07:50:02 AM »
Hey Bandit Folk,

I've wanted a B4 since I saw one in a showroom in 1993 (I was 16 at the time) and a few weeks ago I finally got one!  It's 91 GSF400 with about 12K miles on it.  I paid $300 for it and it doesn't run yet.  Somebody took a can of black spray paint to the entire bike and it looks like it's been through hell but that hasn't stopped me from taking on a full teardown project.  I just found this site and there's so much info on here I can't wait to get started.  Here's a pic of the bike and I'm going to document the whole rebuild on video so everyone can enjoy it.  I know it'll take months but it'll be a fun process and I'll try to post a new video everyday on my blog.  I'm sure I'll be posting a lot of questions since this is my first experience with the Bandit.

Offline badgerKDD

• New user!
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2010, 07:13:09 PM »
Hi I'm new to this forum, but I think Banditmax posts on here and we share a forum in the UK (Southwest Bikers.Com)! just thiought I'd say hello and put up a pic of my 93 Reg 400 Bandit ( UK registered not import hence the single front disc), I'm currently trying to modify it to a cafe racer styled look so will post more pics as things get done...

And these are the single seat cover and nose fairing resprayed ready for fitting ( tank and front mudguard to be sprayed)..

Got lots to do to complete the project, braided lines, undertray and tail tidy ( fabricating myself from fibreglass), clean and respray front fork legs and a really good overall clean when winter turns to spring :thumb:!

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2010, 07:29:15 PM »
Nice to see you 've found the site badger, lots of good info on the 400 here.

Offline badgerKDD

• New user!
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2010, 09:50:29 AM »
If you can make it hope to meet you face to face on the March friendly run :motorsmile:!

Offline -Frank-

• New user!
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2010, 04:21:22 AM »
Hello.

I'm Frank from Germany.

My daughter wants that nice bike.

I bought it cheap with an ignition-problem.

Now it has new braking lines, overhauled calipers, a full forks service, new bearings, new Michelin tires, complete engine-service, polished chrome ....

....but no ignition. There ist no spark.
I try to find this problem.

Later I will post some pictures of this stock red 92 european model.

Offline chachipower

• New user!
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2010, 11:16:55 PM »
Just got myself a real nice Bandit, running real good and SO much better after carb cleaning. Havent even synced the carbs and its running darn good thanks to advice found on this forum.

Dropped it today while videotaping it! Was getting off bike, kickstand was on, but as I got off i nudged it forward causing the kickstand to snap back and then plop. Lost the clutch lever but got some nice gold ones on the way.

Offline 400 K GR

• New user!
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »

Hi!my name is gas from greece and a (friend) give me this bike for free!Anyway after a lot of searching and pushing i understand why :roll:But as long as i ride it at the finish i feel my heart will explode!I dont know it s the sound... the size of this little demon so the next day i bought an airbrush and god help me!!I hope not to regret it and sorry for my eng cheers                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:02:19 PM by 400 K GR »