Author Topic: Fender Eliminator Kit for 93 B4  (Read 13701 times)

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Fender Eliminator Kit for 93 B4
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 05:27:41 PM »
Here's my solution.

http://interfusedesign.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/tail-tidy/

Before

Cut marks

After

And I ended up using something like these for my plate lights:

http://www.bikebandit.com/k-s-led-license-plate-mounting-bolts
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 06:13:18 PM »
Yeh, I already got that...but I want it like this (like it should be  :bandit: ) I think I must make something myself because I can't find anything specifically made for b400

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:15:51 PM by Squishy »

Offline Nickelodeon

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 12:56:29 AM »
I bought a hayabusa fender eliminator kit off of ebay, it has the proper bend to clear the rear wheel. My first kit was an R6 elimnator that didn't have enough clearance....(or bend).

I paid around $20-25$ for each kit.

I ended up using turn signals from dime city cafe that were cast aluminum and looked good, were cheap and tidy'd up the appearance of the bike. Go search around their site for a set of signals you like.

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 03:35:46 AM »
I bought a hayabusa fender eliminator kit off of ebay, it has the proper bend to clear the rear wheel. My first kit was an R6 elimnator that didn't have enough clearance....(or bend).

I paid around $20-25$ for each kit.

I ended up using turn signals from dime city cafe that were cast aluminum and looked good, were cheap and tidy'd up the appearance of the bike. Go search around their site for a set of signals you like.
Like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAYABUSA-FENDER-ELIMINATOR-TAIL-TIDY-BLACK-SMALL-/271018894870?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f19fc2616&vxp=mtr

Where do you screw it onto?

Offline Nickelodeon

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 11:10:51 AM »
Mine was a little larger, like this one without the lasercut Japanese lettering:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Plate-Fender-Eliminator-Tidy-Tail-For-Suzuki-Hayabusa-1300-2008-2009-/221169781509?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337ebf0b05&vxp=mtr

You need to go a little longer than the one you pasted for clearance reasons.

I used the two existing holes that the old signal wiring was going through with fender washers on the back side. The flex a little at highway speeds, but not too badly. I routed the new signal wiring in the gaps instead. I also got a license plate light kit that was integrated bolts/leds for $2.00(ebay or amazon) and that included shipping...lol...anyway I only used one of them for the "center hole" that came standard on the plate to illuminate(barely) the plate for "legality".

Really, your average donut eater would never know it's not OEM. I'll try to take a picture in the next few days and post it.

Offline Nickelodeon

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 10:10:38 AM »
Ok,

I took some pictures. It looks like I used a fender eliminator with a bigger/longer mounting bracket and drilled the holes in further back. I was a bit confused as its been a while. I think the R6 version is the one I ran the bolts through the turn signal wiring.

Anyway, take a look at the attached pic.

Offline Nickelodeon

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 10:28:02 AM »
Here's another pic from the rear, you can see where when the previous r6 eliminator hit the tire when I wheelied over a railroad track the end result on the plate...lol....I'll eventually get it replaced.

No such problems with this hayabusa one(with the large mounting tabs that go further back).

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
Thanks for the picture!
It's unfortunate that none of the ebay fender eliminators mention the sizes from whole to whole - that way I could just buy one that fits.
(except for the one I posted, which seems to be about 4" hole to hole)

The R6 eliminator I find seem to be way too narrow for the holes to align properly

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 09:17:10 AM »

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 08:51:14 AM »
Here's my solution.

http://interfusedesign.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/tail-tidy/

So, I still haven't found a solution and decided maybe I should just do it like this.
But when I see your pictures: where do you mount the plate on once you made the cut?

I can see the holes for the turn signals, but the part for the plate has been totally cut off?
Thanks.

Offline B4ndit

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 10:53:04 PM »
Lowes or Home Depot for a few pieces of flat aluminum and unbolt the rear fender. Its easy to make one

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 08:08:36 AM »
Lowes or Home Depot for a few pieces of flat aluminum and unbolt the rear fender. Its easy to make one

But if you unbolt the read fender, where do you mount the aluminum piece to?
Also I don't want it right under the tail all the way in the back.. I want it like the pic I posted above (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22072961/MF/p1020056iv.jpg)

Offline B4ndit

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 09:16:55 AM »
That's my picture

I took three pieces of flat stock. Two ran from the frame straight back at an angle, cut them off. Then took a piece and made the tag bracket I used the turn signals to bolt them together. It was very simple

Oh I see you could just flip my set up over so the flat piece (tag mount a crossed the back) is turned inside rather than out.

does that make sense?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:22:39 AM by B4ndit »