Author Topic: leaking carbs nightmare  (Read 2805 times)

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
leaking carbs nightmare
« on: June 27, 2006, 06:25:38 AM »
hi peoples,

my carbs are leaking really really badly, bike is running fine, but as soon as the engine stops the carbs start dribbling. i am assumin that my o rings need replacement and have ordered a set, but in the mean time while i wait for those to arrive what can i do to prevent losing all the fuel in the tank? i know the tap should only allow fuel out when vacumed but i think my tap is dodgy too. again nothing i can do about that atm.

any ideas?

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
leaking carbs nightmare
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 09:13:06 AM »
Easiest solution is pinch the fuel line with locking forceps.

Or find an inline fuel shutoff. If you can't find one, you and make a BIG one out of plumbing supplies.

Depending on how full the tank is, you can take the tank off and tilt it on an angle so the fuel doesn't reach the fuel tap.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
leaking carbs nightmare
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 09:40:08 AM »
Yup... new o-rings and a new fuel tap.  Oh, change the oil when you're done too cuz I'll bet you've got a bunch of gas in the crankcase, too.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
leaking carbs nightmare
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 07:13:46 AM »
ok i have replaced both the tap and the orings and i still have a leak from carb 3  :roll:  still think my b4 is the best bike in the world :D

Offline onenicebandit

• TURBO TYPER!
leaking carbs nightmare
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 07:22:10 AM »
My guess is the couplers that join carbs 1+2 and 3+4 together are bad, they consist of two small rubber grommets around a brass pipe, a bad setup to begin with.  Mine were all dry rotted and when the bike ran it poured out like a sive.  Try these stock part #'s at your dealer.  13673-44800 are the seals and 13685-32C00 is the small brass pipe.  Good luck.
06 KTM 250 SXF <My>
92 Bandit 400 <Runs>

Offline GK75A

• TURBO TYPER!
leaking carbs nightmare
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 08:28:48 AM »
cant find my reciept for em, but i do remember they were £2.37 each and its a right twat gettin the throttle springs back in. the good thing is they worked on my b4 that`d been parked up 4 years