Author Topic: fitting a vv engine  (Read 1973 times)

Offline m.ike

• New user!
fitting a vv engine
« on: May 23, 2006, 10:02:03 PM »
hello anyone reading this! i have just been given bandit alley address and never new it existed! so i dont know if you can help me or if im in the right place to ask for help (if not i apologise) but i would so much appreciate it if you could as im going slightly insane trying to get my bandit 400 back on the road...my bike is an ordinary 1990 gsf import (not Variable valve) and my engine is buggered, so im trying to get another one. i thought i could fit a variable valve engine but ive had various opinions from experts in the field that contradict one another.  some say it will fit and others say it wont. if anyone has attempted such a thing please could you let me know how it turned out!
thanks very much

Offline flint666

• Board Homesteader!
fitting a vv engine
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:58:02 PM »
the frame is diffrent  there are some cutouts on the frame behind the front engine mount to clear all the vv stuff

the standard non vv bandit has complete tubes here where the vv bandit only has 1/4 tubes here

do a search for my posts I asked the same and some kind person posted some pictures to confirm this

found a link to the picture

http://bikepics.com/pictures/565443/

and you would need the igniter box/electrics from the vv engine as well

cheers

Andy

Offline m.ike

• New user!
fitting a vv engine
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:48:03 PM »
thats cleared a few things up for me! thanks for you reply andy

regards
mike