Author Topic: need help  (Read 1855 times)

Offline jasper

• New user!
need help
« on: March 05, 2007, 10:17:15 AM »
i have a 92 bandit 250 i got a engine sent up from vic wreckers, the problem is it will only start  with the electric starter if you tap it repetaviely but will push start no worries. just replaced the cdi what else could it be, has new battery, leads plugs, any help will be greatful as been to 2 different bike shops came back no good.

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
need help
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 11:19:41 AM »
Hey Jasper,
When you first push the start button and it doesn't start, what exactly DOES happen? Is there complete silence from the bike? Is there a click but no starter motor turning? Does the starter motor turn slow and the headlights dim? Does the starter motor turn fast, but the engine doesn't fire? Where to start looking depends on your answer to this.
Regards,
Steve
1991 B4

Offline jasper

• New user!
WONT START
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »
the starter mtor turns normal engine turns normal just wont fire, have spark

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
need help
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 11:34:30 AM »
Well, that IS strange. I think I recall somebody on the board with a 400 that had enough charge in the battery to turn over the engine, but that current draw dropped the battery voltage enough that the plugs were not getting a hot enough spark to run. Give your battery a charge to make sure it is fully topped up, and also maybe check the low voltage connections to the coils, and the battery connections.
1991 B4