Author Topic: k reg bandit 400 carbs overflowing  (Read 2646 times)

Offline superbadbathtub

• New user!
k reg bandit 400 carbs overflowing
« on: July 10, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »
hi,

I recently purchased a k reg bandit 400 non runner, it would run but only on full choke and stall if you try and blip the throttle. I removed the carbs from the bike and really annoyed my girlfriend by rebuilding them in the kitchen, I didn't have a carb seal kit so used some standard o-rings from my works van. I put the carbs back on and struggled to start the bike, but I think that was because of a low fuel level in the tank. when the bike fired up it ticked over and ran perfectly. so I went to get some more fuel for the bike, as I was pouring it into the tank the bike cut out. I looked down and saw petrol running out of the venture and out of the air vent hose I think. I am writing this post just to confirm my own thoughts that it is probably the fuel needle valve is either stuck open or damaged?

any thoughts would be much appreciated. also as a foot note, does anyone know where to buy a o-ring kit for the mikuni carbs?

cheers everyone.

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
Re: k reg bandit 400 carbs overflowing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:43:14 PM »
View thus thread: Bandit GSF400 Viton Carburetor Kits ...and every carb thread...and CV tuning on Factory Pro
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline SoEazy

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 05:58:56 AM »
Check bikebandit.com. You can get almost all the o-rings you need from them. They could not supply the o-rings for the pilot screw and emulsion tubes, those I bought from theoringstore.com. The sizes you'll need for those are in the wiki. Also, there are a few members on the board that sell a complete kit. Good luck!
There's no such thing as a free bike.

Offline superbadbathtub

• New user!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 06:44:55 PM »
To add to the on going problems, I stripped down and changed the o-rings in the float bowl along with setting the float needle heights. Bench tested the carbs to ensure they didn't leak anymore and refitted them. I tried to start the bike which back fired loudly several time before starting and running on choke, It won't rev above 4000 rpm now like it has a big Flat spot. I put the backfire down to it flooding last time and bot getting all the mixture out, but I'm not sure if the float heights are correct and how I would measure them correctly? The bike cuts out if you attempt to rev it without choke and the battery died before I could get it to start again. Any help would be much appreciated!