Author Topic: Suggestions for a B4...  (Read 3556 times)

Offline Ljoplin27

• New user!
Suggestions for a B4...
« on: November 21, 2006, 05:43:36 PM »
Hey guys, I recently got a B4 as my very first bike and of course I want to modify it some what.  It already had a Yoshi carbon fiber exhaust and some carbon fibor mirrors.  Otherwise I'm open to ANY suggestions - i.e windscreens, new handlebars, or any thing else to make this already "rare" bike more unique.  Thanks!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 06:12:28 PM »
post some pics
how about a big piston kit they seem to be rare lol!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 06:41:42 PM »
Approx. what gains can we expect with the Big Piston kit?

HP, Torque  :beers:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 06:57:35 PM »
70-80hp

Plus the original 59 = 129-139hp?

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 06:59:32 PM »
come on! :stickpoke: keep it real 59 plus 10 to 20hp depending on the state of tune of your motor.
cheers
jay

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 09:42:46 PM »
oh,

now the new question arises:

Is 10-20hp worth more than half the price of the original B4?

Offline Ljoplin27

• New user!
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 09:44:10 PM »
I'll have to get some pics, but that big piston kit is just about more than I paid for the entire bike! I'm gunna have to start with some smaller mods first...

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 11:14:38 PM »
What do you want to do with the bike? Ride around and enjoy the environment or ride the piss out of it and give them 1000 cc masturbators the view of your ugly Bandit butt? :lol:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 11:46:35 PM »
Quote from: "Herr Tod"
What do you want to do with the bike? Ride around and enjoy the environment or ride the piss out of it and give them 1000 cc masturbators the view of your ugly Bandit butt? :lol:

that is the question!
for the other question the kit is worth it if you are not going to sell your bike cant afford a new one but are tired of the power you have , want a little giggle evry no and then or you bought a lemon with low compression and this is you only option or you race and dont want a sv because you like inline fours and there unique scream! that about covers it! :beers:

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 05:57:51 AM »
or you can buy some tools (dremel) and start to flow your head (i plan to do so, but first i'll build my own exhaust)

for optic tuning there are numerous things you can do:
- paint it different
- use USD front fork
- other swing-arm
- use carbon or kevlar parts (i saw some incredible looking kevlar engine sides on ebay.it, but they went for €201 which was to much for me  :sad: )
- make the rear higher with dogbones
- polish some parts, like i did
- lots of other mods available

after one hour of work

a break and another hour later

after some polishing work
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline Ljoplin27

• New user!
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 11:48:36 AM »
So like i said this is my first bike so the need to for speed hasn't taken full effect yet - haha.  I found this particular bike reasonably priced from a local - he said that he had replaced the carbs with 750 Katana and the only thing wrong was that you had to use full choke to crank it.  So before I even had a CHANCE to RIDE it - had a buddy break down the carbs to clean them only to run in to this huge ordeal where the carbs were fitted with plumming pipes and hose camps.  So months later and an exhausted search for original B4 carbs it's still sitting in the shop waiting to replace the air box and filter, jet the carbs, and hopefully that's it.    Things I do know: It did crank and run before we took off the carbs - so hopefully that's my biggest challenge.  (any thoughts?)  cosmetically it's been thru a lay down or two, so definitely a new paint job among other scrapes.  I want other aftermarket parts i.e carbon brake/clutch levers, cafe ferring, turn signals, but have no idea what would fit.

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Suggestions for a B4...
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 02:04:31 PM »
One fairly easy thing that will make a huge difference in the look of the bike is to cut off the butt ugly rear fender. Do a search, I think somebody once posted instructions for doing this.
If you haven't done this already, read through the old posts and the FAQ. This place is a goldmine of good ideas.
Also you mentioned a fairing. I *ahem* happen to have one for sale. It is a Genuine Suzuki part, and if you are planning on repainting the bike anyway, the paint job on this shouldn't be a problem. Details are here:
http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=4302&highlight=
If you are interested, throw me a PM.
Regards,
Steve
1991 B4