Author Topic: Might be looking for a titled frame  (Read 2743 times)

Offline B4ndit

• TURBO TYPER!
Might be looking for a titled frame
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:36 PM »
My 93 400 came without a title and I am attempting to get one anybody have one for a reasonable price?

Thanks Craig  

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Might be looking for a titled frame
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:28:53 PM »
DMV will re-issue one after running the numbers. There is some red tape and waiting involved.
Tell that guy you need a bill of sale to present to DMV. You may or may not need it though; depends on your state.
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 11:05:25 PM »
If you need a frame with a title, let me know. I've had one with a clean title for awhile that I'm not going to use.

Offline Dakotademon7

• Board Regular!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 06:59:03 AM »
Best of luck. I tried here in Delaware long ago. I tried to have the vin checked a DMV but the guy told me if it came back stolen, I would be charged with receiving stolen property.   

Offline B4ndit

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 08:31:10 AM »
I already had the VIN ran and its not stolen, I attempted to contact the last person who owned it. I have a buddy on the inside looking into when it was last registered.

The red tape that TJS is talking about is a Writ of Mandamus   

http://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/need-format-writ-mandamus-ordering-mva-issue-title-md-191617.html

Mandamus is a judicial remedy — in the form of an order from a superior court, to any government subordinate court, corporation, or public authority — to do (or forbear from doing) some specific act which that body is obliged under law to do (or refrain from doing) — and which is in the nature of public duty, and in certain cases one of a statutory duty. It cannot be issued to compel an authority to do something against statutory provision. For example, it cannot be used to force a lower court to reject or authorize applications that have been made, but if the court refuses to rule one way or the other then a mandamus can be used to order the court to rule on the applications.
Mandamus may be a command to do an administrative action or not to take a particular action, and it is supplemented by legal rights. In the American legal system it must be a judicially enforceable and legally protected right before one suffering a grievance can ask for a mandamus. A person can be said to be aggrieved only when he is denied a legal right by someone who has a legal duty to do something and abstains from doing it.

So I am going to attempt this first.... but if it don't work out TomGTi I will be in touch.

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 10:36:23 AM »
Responded to your PM.

Good luck!

Offline B4ndit

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 10:41:34 AM »
Sent you a pm back

Offline SoEazy

• TURBO TYPER!
You might want to check into this...
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 05:03:13 PM »
I've got the same issue with my Bandit. The previous owner had lost the title a decade ago. I've heard it's fairly easy to get a Vermont tag but still insure your bike in the state you live in. In my case, it's NC. I've got a friend who did this with an old Vespa P200 with no problem. Anyways, here's the link:http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655441 to the process. Good luck! I'll be doing this in the next week or so.
There's no such thing as a free bike.