Author Topic: Mk II Bandit V-tec exhaust and airbox questions  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Tainted-Meat

• Board Homesteader!
Mk II Bandit V-tec exhaust and airbox questions
« on: October 04, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »
i've recently bought a yoshimura exhaust off ebay ..

i have a 97' Model V-tec model which as you may know has a very different airbox design to the early 90's

first off i am wanting to know is it possible to swap the airbox around (what problems/benefits would this then cause if any), and if not, what other options do i have?

i preferably want to run the bike with exhaust and have the jetting correct and a replacement filter as after searching the part number i can find no 'upgrade'

just wanting to get the bike to make it's better potential of 60 horses+ rather than her less potent 53 horses

13780-02d00 - OEM filter number

:thanks:
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Offline scorpionsf

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Mk II Bandit V-tec exhaust and airbox questions
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »
have you thought about going to pods to match your exhaust and jetted carbs?

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Mk II Bandit V-tec exhaust and airbox questions
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 03:58:13 AM »
99% that you cannot swop the air box but im told ( never tried) that a gs500 filter is very close.
The problem you got with the power is they are restricted to 53hp by other means than air box or exhaust ( cdi, cams) hense the early cdi's dont run on later. People who swop motors over have to swop pickup triggers to make bikes run so you may struggle.
Best power will be take an ohm reading from the gear sensor for say 2nd gear and then get a resistor of this reading and use it instead of the gear sensor so the cdi thinks its always in second. You would put it between the cdi and ground. :beers: