Author Topic: Fork springs on a B4  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Fork springs on a B4
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 09:15:46 PM »
Quote from: "b4cruz"
still wet a gsxr would be over 360lbs right?
how do you take over 60lbs off a bike!

share the secrets please

He did!

Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
considering the header by it self weighed 25lbs steel, my frame is aluminum, subframe 02 gsxr race subframe aluminum ( one of my dual carbon cans weighed more than my new stainless race header, no airbox, (stock subframe was aluminum long with steel grab rails and mount for the tail light) no head light , sharkskin race bodywork, penske shock , lighter wheels even tho i got a 180 rear tire ! it wasnt hard . my street b4 will also have a newer suzuki gsxr aluminum subframe grafted to it they seem to lline up well if you know how to weld tabs or know someone who can weld. i have carbon fiber clipons seat mount was steel now alum. radial master cylinder! i could go on and on! havent got into the tittanium bolts and odds either.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Fork springs on a B4
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 10:43:38 PM »
Quote from: "jcmjrt"
GSXR400, do you know which GSXR aluminum subframe can work on a GSF400? Any idea how much weight is saved with that? Also, I'd like to hear/see more about the change in wheels. 17inch wheels are nice for getting modern rubber but I wonder what's involved in the change and what kind of weight savings there is? Thanks for sharing all your racer tricks!

as for the subframes the 2001 up 600,750,1000 seems to look good find someone that has one and hold it up to your ! wheels 89 -90 something even 98 gsxr wheels anything suzuki that has a sprocket carrier that can be milled for chain alinement purposes , not 2001+ wheels  get rid of the steel swingarm again ive looked at 92 period gsxr swingarms aluminum and look closer than what i did ! i have a rgv 250 swingarm for my b4 but already wish i didnt cause a 92,93,94 gsxr 750 or its 1000 looks just like it with the semi bannana and the bracing! so i might sell that would be great for stock or sv style wheels but not the 180 that im  putting on the b4 alot of the older swingarms have the same looking linkage ,dog bones and the shocks usually fit to ! it just takes some looking and ideas but its always better to stay with suzuki so you dont get to frankenbikish!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Fork springs on a B4
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2005, 10:44:18 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Quote from: "b4cruz"
still wet a gsxr would be over 360lbs right?
how do you take over 60lbs off a bike!

share the secrets please

He did!

Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
considering the header by it self weighed 25lbs steel, my frame is aluminum, subframe 02 gsxr race subframe aluminum ( one of my dual carbon cans weighed more than my new stainless race header, no airbox, (stock subframe was aluminum long with steel grab rails and mount for the tail light) no head light , sharkskin race bodywork, penske shock , lighter wheels even tho i got a 180 rear tire ! it wasnt hard . my street b4 will also have a newer suzuki gsxr aluminum subframe grafted to it they seem to lline up well if you know how to weld tabs or know someone who can weld. i have carbon fiber clipons seat mount was steel now alum. radial master cylinder! i could go on and on! havent got into the tittanium bolts and odds either.

thanks RED! :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline b4cruz

• Board Homesteader!
Fork springs on a B4
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 11:01:30 PM »
sorry scrolled too fast
i can't believe i scrolled past your avatar