Author Topic: Bandit 400 parts  (Read 4397 times)

Offline andylad

• TURBO TYPER!
Bandit 400 parts
« on: June 16, 2010, 10:43:24 PM »
Are all years of the bandit 400 interchangeable with each other?  And if they are, what is the year range?  Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching but am in a hurry for answers.

Offline Rejektid

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Bandit 400 parts
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 01:34:25 AM »
Not all engine's are, there are two types of bandit 400 engines. The regular ones and the ones with VVT (they have read valve covers). I'm guessing the CDI's don't swap between them either, but I don't know. A lot of other parts are interchangable. It might be helpful to know what part specifically you're wanting to swap. Many of the parts can be swapped with parts from non-Bandit Suzuki's such as suspension parts. I hope this helps, but probably doesn't help alot.

Offline andylad

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 03:01:23 AM »
Well, basically what is going on is I bought a $500 bandit that doesn't run.  Was parked for 4 years or so.  When trying to get her to run, I found a faulty signal generator based on infinate resistance.  The tank has approx 30 holes in the bottom of it, and the rear master either needs a rebuild or be replaced.  I'm going to see what tanks can fit on it without major modding and go from there with that.  I'm going to try an sv650 tank.  As for the master...that doesn't concern me as of right now.  Bleeding it made it work a lot better but if you push hard enough it bottoms out the lever and that's with the push rod adjusted for max throw.  Anyways I can prob find one that will bolt up to it somehow.

The question is mostly for the signal generator.  My engine is the regular 400, and is single disk front brake which I guess means american version.  What years can I look at for a direct replacement signal generator?

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:45:26 PM »
I should know this and I don't off the top of my head but the signal generator may be different b/t the 91/92 B4s and the 93.  The 93 had a different ignitor, timing, valve clearances...  so my suspicion is that it does.  (I'm guessing from the "$" that we're dealing with a US B4 and those are the only years to pick from for the US)
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Rejektid

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 12:23:04 AM »
Looks like all 3 years use the same signal generator p/n 33110-10D00

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
I stand corrected!   :thumb:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 12:05:41 PM »
1995 and later models have a different frame and bodywork and all have VVT engines.  These were never officially brought into the US though, so if that's where you're at, one of these would be a rare find.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline andylad

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 10:20:50 AM »
I guess that I should have said that it was a 1992.

Offline andylad

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 02:02:07 AM »
Well boys and girls, today marks the day that the bandit came alive.  New to me signal generator yielded spark, finally.  Bled out the rear master, still has a lot of throw but does lock up the rear on dirt.  Currently running on a 1 gallon gas can with a hose fitting plastic epoxied to the bottom.  Carbs were cleaned and new bowl gaskets, needle valves, and o rings on the top of the carb for the overflow cap things.  One o ring was missing and that was where the fuel was leaking when i first tried to start it a couple of months ago.  I ordered a new foam filter and spark plugs.  Today at idle it would rev to 10k and stop.  While riding it, it would hit 8k in 1st and 2nd, only 6k for the other gears.  I could only go into the throttle just a little, and it wouldn't go faster.  Any less fuel and I wouldn't have had any throttle.  Kind of weird, but i'm hoping new plugs will be the answer.  I only looked at the number 1 plug and saw that the cap for the connector wasn't screwed onto the top of the plug, only the threads were showing.  Ill post back when the plugs and filter come in and let you guys know if she is running right.