Author Topic: Took new pics this weekend  (Read 3584 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Took new pics this weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 09:01:15 AM »
Lookin' good!   :bigok:  :beers:  :motorsmile:  :thanks:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 09:02:11 AM »
Thanks, now if I could just get it running right again.

Ron
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 09:05:53 AM »
She's a keeper! :grin:

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 02:17:19 PM »
:thanks: I plan on keeping her for a while.  In a few years I'm looking to get a new bike and I'll give this one to the wife.

Ron
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 05:48:04 PM »
I have the same saddlebags in red, as well as the red tail sportbag. I have the same Joe Rocket Phoenix too!  :bandit:

I was reading that the mesh JR (and other similar brand) jackets are not really good if you go down bad (so to speak). Contrary to popular belief, the material is not really abrasion-resistant and will melt and burn into your skin. :shock: Also, besides the material, the stiching on many of these jackets is suspect as well.

There's a company called CyclePort that makes mesh jackets out of Kevlar that won't burn or wear, and have mega-stitching. Expen$ive tho. Pants and jacket with liners with run ~$1000. Despite that I think I'm going for it.

Granted, we all like to think positively about not going down, but  life isn't always so rosy. :sad:

Right now I'm layering under my Phoenix jacket and Phoenix pants (getting cold up here in NYC area), so I'm not worrying too much about this meltdown stuff. I hope to be able ot hold out 'till the bike show comes into town in January, where I'll have the CyclePort folks measure me up live. Hopefully they'll have some show specials and I can save a few bucks.

If anyone's interested, go here:

http://www.motoport.com/

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 08:19:04 AM »
Thanks for the info, I might have to write that up for my christmas list. :lol:
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 08:46:07 AM »
This is gettin' way off Ronrdrcr's origininal thread but here's two comments on Vid's gear post.

First, the mesh stuff, at least the cheaper stuff like JR and First Gear may not offer top-level protection.  I don't think anyone ever thought it did.  However, I do think it is a good alternative to a t-shirt which is what most folks consider to be the alternative.  I have read of people going down with it on and not instantaneously combusting!  

Second, if I really wanted to stay cool, be very well protected and spend a lot of cash, I'd get perforated leather rather than some fancy nylon product.  I miss my full perf race suit.  Echo, can I have it back???   :stickpoke:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 06:52:11 PM »
>>his is gettin' way off Ronrdrcr's origininal thread...<<

Yeah, sorry for the stray, but I was reminded of it looking at the Phoenix.

>>I'd get perforated leather rather than some fancy nylon product.<<

Nothing matches Kevlar. Not even leather. I'm not sure it's an evolution of nylon. :wink: