Author Topic: Need Some Quick Help  (Read 2514 times)

Offline tundrazach

• TURBO TYPER!
Need Some Quick Help
« on: December 21, 2008, 05:37:38 PM »
ok, i just replaced the wiring harness in my 1991 bandit 400. Everything went smooth. I went from front to back working my way down the bike, but when i got to the battery box area, i had to unplug and remove the rest of the old harness as a whole. I managed to get almost everything hooked up, but i now have two problems. I have two wires on the harness i cannot find a home for. these two wires are taped together, one is black with a white tracer with a female banana connector, and the other is a textured green wire with a single female connector.

Also, on the starter relay, the previous owner replaced the factory connector with spade connectors, and i cannot remember which color wire was connected to which. There is a yellow with green tracer and a black with white tracer coming from the harness, and red with white tracer and blue with white tracer wires coming from the starter relay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thanks:
Rebuilding a 1991 B4. Got a lot to do

Offline tundrazach

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Need Some Quick Help
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 07:44:56 PM »
ok, i solved the problem of the 2 wires with out homes. the other side of the wire was hiding on the other side of the bike.

But i still need help with the starter relay part of my problem.   :thanks:

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 01:11:21 PM »
The red/white and blue/white wires are not original so do not correspond to any thing!
The yellow/green and black/white should go from the loom straight to the relay.
If you have the relay so as the two small connections are infront of the larger thick black and red wires then the yellow/green wire fits to the left(the side with the thick black) and the black/white which is a neutral fits to the right side or the side with the red wire.

Offline tundrazach

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 09:13:43 PM »
Then i wonder if it is an aftermarket relay or something?  The way i have it hooked up right now, the motor turns over just fine, so i assume i guessed right when i hooked it up.

Thanks for your input, I will deffinitely look it over again to make sure everything looks right.