Author Topic: Needle jet removal  (Read 2237 times)

Offline AlanDog

• Board Homesteader!
Needle jet removal
« on: August 11, 2012, 04:40:03 PM »
First time taking apart these carbs, not able to get the needle jet out. I see from the parts diagram online (and photos on this forum) that it does come out, but how? I have been using liquid wrench while tapping on the body, and I found some tools that fit into the top and bottom, but it's not moving.

It just unscrews counterclockwise from the needle side? Would appreciate any help for this simple question! : )  :thanks:

Offline Sean

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Needle jet removal
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:02:17 AM »
I had success by (prob unorthodox) screwing one of the screws that holds the bowls on into the place of the main jet (main jet holds the needle jet,emulsion tube, on so it must be removed to pull the needle jet). Once the screw is threaded into place, in place of the main jet, lightly tap the head of the screw with a mallet ( or handle of screwdriver as I did). Should help.

Offline AlanDog

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 03:30:29 AM »
Sean, thanks. I got it this afternoon--the jet doesn't screw in, it's pressed-in, so I just needed to tap it out as you say... I got the impression from the parts diagram that it unscrewed...  :duh:

But thanks for the reply, if any of the other ones are really stuck I will try your trick.  :thanks:

-Alan

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »
The simple way to do it is to undo the main jet one turn and then simply push it inwards with you thumb, once the jet/ emulsion tube pops just keep turning the main jet one turn and pushing it inward.
Remember that when you come to refit, it will only go in one way around due to a cutout at the base.

Offline Sean

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 08:52:55 PM »
Chris is smarter then me. Lol