Author Topic: 400 parts.  (Read 2725 times)

Offline albertinhouston

• Board Homesteader!
400 parts.
« on: August 14, 2006, 11:14:10 PM »
I might have some parts for sale soon.  trying to work a deal with the guy right now. It'll have everything except ecu(bad) frame, swingarm, rear rim,  cushdrive and tank. he is building a 2stroke single in it.  I should know in a couple of days, I hope.   I'm needing body work and  a few nic nacs.  I'll post up what I have and what I do not need.  just trying to give you guys a heads up....
albert

Offline Coopz

• Board Homesteader!
400 parts.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 07:40:55 PM »
I'm looking to pick up a cheap CDI unit, if there is one included in all the bits you are getting.

It's not that I need one, it's that I might need one. Just had my new engine fitted to my bandit after blowing the previous one up, and the new (second-hand) engine fires up and idles well, but it wont rev at all. The mechanic has tried everything he can think of, twice, and cant think of anything else. He said one possibility is the CDI, but I'm not too sure that this would have anything to do with my problem. But I would like to get one to try and see if it makes a difference. SO I am looking to pick one up cheap, 'cause I dont want to shell out a fortune just to figure out that my problem is somewhere else. I found one on ebay for £250. £250!!! I couldn't believe it, i thought it would be relatively cheap. So if you get one of these and don't need it, depending on your price, i'd take it off your hands!

I'm going to make a post tomorrow to see if anyone has any suggestions for me, but right now I've gotta go get some sleep!
Coopz
-Silencing Lambs Since October 31st 2006

Offline albertinhouston

• Board Homesteader!
400 parts.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:40:35 PM »
CDI would be equal to the ecu right??? thats what went wrong with the bandit. I'm gonna talk to him tonight then I'll have a better idea of what he has.  
here is the last email he sent me

Motor rebuilt ( 6 months ago), with carbs, air box, complete wiring
harness
  front forks, all lights,fenders, front fairing, rear fairing
  Front forks, instruments with ignition, and key, headlight assy.
  rear pegs and brackets, shifter and linkage, full yosh exhuast.
  I am going to keep frame, swigarm, rims, tires and gas tank !!!

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
400 parts.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 09:12:46 AM »
Full Yosh exhaust? I'm gonna stand back, so I don't get trampled in the mad rush!  :lol:
Seriously though, if the ECU is bad and the seller includes it with the bike, I'd be interested in it for experimentation purposes.
Steve
1991 B4

Offline Rocketboy

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
400 parts.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »
i'm going to need a headlight for sure and i'll try to think of anything else.

Offline Coopz

• Board Homesteader!
400 parts.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 12:05:45 PM »
Oh, well if the CDI is the ECU, and the ECU is scrambled, then nevermind. :sad: :boohoo:

Thanks anyway.
Coopz
-Silencing Lambs Since October 31st 2006

Offline 20b10ae

• New user!
    • http://www.performanceconceptsonline.com
400 parts.
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 10:39:12 AM »
Albert, does this guy still have the engine available?  Any idea what he wants for it?  I just bought a 919 but I'm wanting to put the parts B4 in my garage together as well.  

Thanks!

Reese

Offline albertinhouston

• Board Homesteader!
400 parts.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 06:30:53 PM »
yes it is still there. I really didn't understand what you were saying but I gathered you were interested in it.  I'm buying all the parts from him. I'm looking to keep the front end, inst cluster, maybe the plastic                      

The motor,  pipe, carbs, and electrics are probably gonna go.   Not sure what to ask, for the parts.  I hate to sale a motor that I know nothing about . But I was thinking $200 motor If it's  clean from looking at it. $100 for the pipe, $50 for the carbs if they are in good shape. there are brackets and stuff but i'm not sure what ll i'm getting. till it gets here.  I'll have about $175 invested in the front end, wheel, cluster and light. theses will be going on my gs 500e.
this is not set in stone till I get them.  I should have it by the end of the month. I'll sending him the money tonight.