Author Topic: Can I get someone to do me a favor?  (Read 2015 times)

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Can I get someone to do me a favor?
« on: October 01, 2006, 09:58:03 AM »
This is a strange one, i'm having trouble seemingly routing the fuel line/vent line under the tank. I was wondering if someone would be so kind and post up a picture of the it is supposed to look like under there without the tank on. Everything on mine seems to get cramped up in there. Or if someone has a picture from the service book, I think they usually have that. I only ask this because i see clips on the air box, is there something that is supposed to be all the way back there? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline KX5000

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 10:00:30 PM »
I have a 1997 B1200 and the vent hose goes straight down from the nipple. I don't know if the 400 is different.
3 Kids
2 Dogs
1 Wife
NO problem!(yeah right!!)

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 10:32:40 PM »
there are two "clips" on the top of the airbox, the righthand one, which runs over the center of the airbox carries the vent tube from the carbs. The lefthand one carries the wiring harness. The B4 manual can be found in the "members only" section of this forum. There is a sticky thread that tells you how to get them. Beware, if you have a '93, some things have changed --- the '93 changes are in the last chapter of the lo-res version but are not (to my knowledge) in the hi-res version.

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 08:35:51 AM »
Yeah, after I posted that, I realized that there was a service manual in that section, thank goodness for that too, I love having every piece of information as apposed to scouring the net for small pieces of knowledge here and there. But thanks guys!

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge