Author Topic: New exhaust  (Read 3417 times)

Offline raincheck_uk

• TURBO TYPER!
    • http://becky.stead.fotopic.net
New exhaust
« on: July 09, 2005, 04:38:52 PM »
Im now looking for a new end can for the beast (a road legal one as my neighbours are becoming a little annoyed!!). Ive read the earlier posts and checked out the links, but only one site has pics of the products, thats lazer. They dont seem to do any for the b4 (that i can find). Would any slip on fit my bike?? I saw a review about a leovince slip on and it sounds great and also cheep at £99. It would also give me the option to brouse ebay too.
Becky.

It's too late to stop now.

The beast - 91' black GSF400 Bandit.

Offline Racerruss-ducati

• Board Homesteader!
New exhaust
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 08:19:20 PM »
Hi Becky, I hope all of the previous repairs hold out for you so you can enjoy the ride for a while.

As for the slip on, almost any clamp on muffler will work on your bike as long as it has a 2 inch pipe to connects to your header pipe.  You can cut your old muffler off with a metal saw just in front of the weld holding the current muffler on.  It is a double wall pipe in that area, so it takes some effort, but is not impossible.  You should be able to find a muffler on Ebay used for no more than £50 or new from a mail order shop for about £100.  It is common for the shops to wind up with odd mufflers due to accidents only damaging one side on a dual pipe system.  Be sure and get one that includes the hanger, or you will have another search to do.  I have a Muzzy Carbon Fiber slip on that was orginally intended for a ZX-9 on my bike.  You can see some pictures of the install at the following web address:
http://www.bikepics.com/members/racerruss/93bandit400/

Have Fun!!!
'96 Ducati 900 SP street
'04 Yamaha R6 track

Offline raincheck_uk

• TURBO TYPER!
    • http://becky.stead.fotopic.net
New exhaust
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 09:13:10 PM »
Thanks for the info. I already have a slip on on the bike, but its not road legal and is unbelievably LOUD!! so i think its time for a change before almost 6 year clean licence is ruined by the fuzz! Thats cool i get looking on ebay.
Thanks again
Becky
Becky.

It's too late to stop now.

The beast - 91' black GSF400 Bandit.

Offline todius

• Board Homesteader!
New exhaust
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 03:11:07 AM »
I have a Supertrapp slip-on which has internal discs that allow you to tailor the sound level to your liking.  It can be setup to be quite restrictive and VERY QUIET to wide open and pretty darn LOUD.    Don't know if it is considered "street legal" in your neck of the woods, though.

Look in the stickied photo gallery above if you'd like to see a picture of it.
-Brent

Offline Spacey86

• Board Homesteader!
New exhaust
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 10:45:28 AM »
Hey if you are looking for a street leagle exhaust Get your self a copy od the M&P catalogue, or go to www.Mandp.com. Just call then and they will be able to sort you out withan exhaust, with removeble baffels, have fun.
If at first it don't fit .......... Smack it with a hammer(might be the reason my B4 is nackered)

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
New exhaust
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 12:41:09 PM »
Quote from: "todius"
I have a Supertrapp slip-on which has internal discs that allow you to tailor the sound level to your liking.  It can be setup to be quite restrictive and VERY QUIET to wide open and pretty darn LOUD.    Don't know if it is considered "street legal" in your neck of the woods, though.

Look in the stickied photo gallery above if you'd like to see a picture of it.

I get nothing but complements on my Supertrapp, it's a great can with a really aggressive note. Makes the bike sound twice as big as it actually is, although it can be pretty darn loud with all the discs installed.

2008 GSXR-750