Author Topic: Newbie Here! (Australia)  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Benjamin

• Board Regular!
Newbie Here! (Australia)
« on: June 24, 2008, 09:35:18 PM »
Hi All!

Now the proud owner of a 2000 model GSF250V(V/Z) in Australia! I have been riding on and off since I was 6 years old, now 30 and just got my learners a few months ago, better late than never.

The Bandit, she's dark metallic blue and travelled approx 20K, I have done 1500Km since purchase. A couple of mods have been done since then and will upload some photos as soon as they are all done. Found some nice dark red reflective rim tape, which works in well with the red cam cover and brake disc centres. Hopefully today I will get to try a set of Tingate clipons and see how that goes, otherwise a set of red anodised Renthal bars will be the go.

I have dropped the forks through about 10mm to set her up a little better. Looking around this forum and also my own observations of the back-end, am thinking a slightly shorter set of dogbones will be a good idea. Will scout the markets, otherwise may have some made up for me.

Speaking of fabrications, over here in Aus we are starved for good Bandit bits. I looked around for a while and could not find a nice exhaust for the girl. My dad owns a 2000 model Triumph Sprint RS 955 and a fellow at a local metal fab company is a bit of an exhaust buff. He gutted the standard Triumph pipe and reworked the internals, she sounds real bloody nice, not too loud, nice and deep and made a huge difference.

Just got my exhaust back from the same mods, we're talking $350 to have it reworked as opposed to $600+ for an aftermarket can (if I could find one). I was interested in retaining the stock look because the piggies can be a bit funny around here, especially if you have a bright yellow L PLATE on the back... anyways, she's louder but not obnoxiously so, definitely deeper sounding and more resonant. Down low the response is markedly better, there's a slight fluffiness around 4-6000 and she opens up right through to redline. As soon as those other set of exhaust valves open the whole world changes!

Great to see such an active board. I'll be participating away over time and like I said, pics will come as they happen. I find it interesting that a majority of the pics I have seen in here are colours we didn't get in Australia. I have only seen my colour from Australian folk.

Cheers!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Re: Newbie Here! (Australia)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:02:04 AM »
 :welcome: :motorsmile:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol