Author Topic: Newbie trying his hand in getting his Bandit into ridable shape...  (Read 1878 times)

Offline innercent

• New 250 Bandit Noob
  • TURBO TYPER!
Newbie trying his hand in getting his Bandit into ridable shape...
« on: September 17, 2009, 02:46:42 AM »
Hi All,

Yes it has been for awhile since I rode my poor 1991 250 bandit because of various personal reason (eg. Life, Family, Money,jsut moved house  and career)... Hence, the bike has been neglected under a bike cover for the last 8 months (yes, it is a shameful thing.

I started off by at least try to turn on the bike and see if I can fire it up, but without any luck. Before I start troubleshooting all the issues, I noticed the poor bike is in such a poor state, I know the fellow bandito here will send me to the firing squad.

So here I am, appealing to the fellow bandito here, if you guys are keen to help me to start off this "Restoration" project of mine to restore my baby bandit going.

I will be start taking some photo and write down various things I believe I need to fix/restore, and post them here. Then will select one item at a time to fix/clean/restore before moving on to the next item. Hope I can gain as much information/help from vast number of experts here to give me advise to a noob here to fix things up (not to mention I will gain alot of knowledge and experience).

I would had send this to a mechanics to clean it up, but from Australia here, the bike is probably not even worth more than A$1,000 anymore. Costs wise to get things fix by mechanics will be more than the price of the bike (hence embarking on the personal project)

PS - The missus is actually pregnant as well, so kids number 2 is on the way, so 1.Budget will be tighter now, and 2.Missus already want me to get rid of the bike (but I managed to resist the command), so there is no way I can get permission to buy another one.

Thansk in Advance!

1990 GSF250 - Stock items with lots of parts need to cleaned and changed