Author Topic: GSX-R400 swingarm,and some other mods.  (Read 7900 times)

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
GSX-R400 swingarm,and some other mods.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 10:47:57 PM »
sweeeeeeeeeet! I'm jealous!  :congrats:  :motorsmile:
1991 Bandit 400

Offline 92mx83

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 12:49:39 AM »
Not as jealous as I am! :congrats:
"Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 02:43:06 AM »
Quote from: "turbofb"
.Im a little disapointed that Im dragging metal now,but still showing chicken strips on the rear! :roll: ....oh well,as least I know theres plenty of tire left!

Sounds to me like you need to get the suspension dialled in.

Not that I really know what i'm talking about, but my understanding is that with correct suspension settings, you should be able to get to the edge of the tyre before the pegs touch down.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 06:35:11 PM »
I agree with El Dopa. I'm using a 92 GSXR 750 front fork and a RGV 250 swinger with a 92 GSXR 750 shock. I have Pilot Power 2CT tires, 120/70 and 160/60. Both are rounded, when my pegs touch the ground it's a sign that I'm near the point where the bike starts to slide, in a good way that is. lol on my favorite road my line in the corner is marked by numerous black stripes. With these kind of suspension upgrades and tires the Bandit is a really cool and steady bike to play with. I don't have a steering damper by the way, kinda useless on a 60 hp bike imo, no matter what road you're on, I even use it for offroad sometimes and the front wheel recovers by itself when it starts to slap.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 10:43:23 PM »
Quote from: "92mx83"
Not as jealous as I am! :congrats:

anything i can help you with mate let me know
cheers
jay
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 01:10:22 AM »
Well,Ive only been out once since getting my sag setup.The stock springs were OK for my weight,but they did end up near the full preload settings front and rear before the tech was happy.Dive is greatly reduced under heavy braking and the bike feels very planted,way more confidence inspiring than my big bike.
I appreciate the lack of grunt,since I can really power out of the turns without upsetting anything.On my fav. road,I just keep her in 3rd and work the RPM range from 7-8K to redline....its a very twisty road.That might be part of why I only ride hard enough to use "most" of the tire,high speeds are dangerous on this road,Ill keep the last 25% for the track,where if I get hurt/killed its my fault and only my fault.Even before my buddy was killed recently,I was always a modest,75-80% rider.On top of that,the Dunlop Qualifiers are very round rpofile tires,they make the Avons on my FZR look like Fred Flintstone steam rollers. :roll:
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!